You can modify extra Desired Capabilities while executing a test in Katalon Studio. Here is the list of all execution modes that support modifying Desired Capabilities.
Project > Settings > Execution > Custom
Define a custom option for execution along with its Desired Capabilities.
Project > Settings > Execution > Default > WebUI > Chrome (Firefox, IE, Safari, Edge)
Define Desired Capabilities for local execution using Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari or Edge.
Project > Settings > Execution > Default > WebUI > Remote Web
Define Desired Capabilities for execution on a remote web server.
Project > Settings > Execution > Default > Mobile > Android (iOS is only available in macOS)
Define Desired Capabilities for execution with Android and iOS devices.
Project > Settings > Execution > Default > WebUI > Headless
Define Desired Capabilities for execution with a headless instance.
Adding a Desired Capability is similar across those settings (except for Custom execution). The step to add a property for execution are as following:
- Click the Add button of command toolbar above the Desired Capabilities list.
- A new row will be added to the list.
- Provide the name of the property that you’d like to configure. Refer to here to know which properties of each web browser are supported by Selenium. For the desired capabilities to be used with Appium, refer to this list.
- Specify the type of the property by clicking and expanding the drop-down under the Type column.
- Define value for the property. Refer to Value Types for details regarding how to input value for different types.
Desired Capabilities for Remote Web
In case of remote execution on Web Server, you need to provide details of the server when configuring Desired Capabilities.
- Remote web server URL: provide the URL of the remote web server that will be used.
- Remote web server type: Specify the type of the remote web server (i.e., specify which test automation framework is currently installed and used in the remote web server, whether it is Selenium or Appium).
Desired Capabilities for Mobile
In case of Mobile execution, you need to select the device when configuring Desired Capabilities.
- Device Name: the device to apply Desired Capabilities settings on.
Desired Capabilities for Remote Browser Instance
In case of execution on Remote Browser Instance, you need to provide details regarding the remote browser instance when configuring Desired Capabilities.
- Debugging Host: the host of the browser instance.
- Debugging Port: the port that the browser instance uses to broadcast its activities.