Download and install Node.js using the Windows installer on: https://nodejs.org/en/downloadMake sure you install Node.js into a location where you have full Read and Write permissions.
When installing Node.js, make sure that the Add to PATH option is checked.
To make sure Node.js is installed correctly, you can open Windows command line and type the command: where node to see if system can find Node.js.
Open Command Prompt of Windows and input following command to install Appium:
- Install USB Driver for your phone, you can download it from the device manufacturer site. (If your Android phone is one of Google Nexus series, please skip this step because Android SDK already include the driver)
- Turn on the phone developer mode (go to Settings -> Developer options).
- Connect your Android device to the computer using USB cable. Just confirm if prompted for accepting/trusting the phone.
- Launch Katalon Studio
- Open a test project
- Open a test case or test suite
- Select the option to execute with the Android device from the Run button of the main toolbar. (Katalon Studio for Windows only supports Android devices).
Select your device from the Android Devices list. Click OK.
Please read Installation and Setup guide first to setup your mobile. Below information are provided for those who can't get their mobile testing work properly after going through setup guide.
- My connected device is not displayed in 'Device Name' list:
Please double check on the following items:
- Developer option is turned on.
- Trusted connection is established by tap on 'Trust this computer' whenever this dialog is displayed on your device.
- Check if the device is listed using adb command:
On Windows command line/ MacOS terminal: Navigate to platform-tools folder in <Katalon Studio folder>\configuration\resources\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools
Type in "adb devices" and observe devices listed there. Make sure that your corrected device is listed there with online status.
- Does Katalon Studio support emulator?
Yes, we do.
- "Fail to start the Appium server in xx seconds" error message is displayed when I start an application from Record/Spy:
First of all, please set your Appium Log Level to "Debug" which you can find this option in Windows > Katalon Studio Preferences > Katalon > Mobile to generate debug logs of Appium. After this change is applied, retry your record/spy session and then open generated .appium file in the project folder.
Somewhere in this file you are likely will see these lines:
The root cause is Katalon Studio can't start application due to incorrect package and activity by default, so you need to add additional settings to desired capabilites:
- Navigate to Mobile settings (Project > Settings > Execution > Default > Mobile > Android)
- Add the following key
Value: com.* (based on the prefix of 'Found package' log)