|Installation||Version on Windows||Version on macOS|
|Android||6.x, 7.x||6.x, 7.x|
Xcode 9 and Appium 1.7 are NOT supported
Install Homebrew from Terminal:
Install Carthage with Homebrew:
Install node and npm with Homebrew:To make sure Node.js is installed correctly, you can open a new terminal and type which node to see if system can find it.
Install Appium with npm
- Open Xcode > Preferences > Accounts: Add developer’s Apple ID
Open Terminal at WebDriverAgent in Appium directory folder: <…>/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent and enter following command to initialize WebDriverAgent project:
- Open project WebDriverAgent.xcodeproj within folder WebDriverAgent in Xcode.
- Select target WebDriverAgentLib, in the Signing section, check Automatically manage signing and select the team.
- Then on the menu bar, select Product > Build
- Repeat the last two steps for WebDriverAgentRunner
Build WebDriverAgent to verify all above steps worked
- In case this dialog is displayed, select Always Allow.
- You should be able to see Listening on USB as the last line on build output.
- Turn on the phone’s developer mode (go to Settings > Developer options).
- Connect your Android Phone to your computer via a USB cable. Just confirm if prompted for accepting/trusting the phone.
- Connect your iOS Devices to your computer via a USB cable. Just confirm if prompted for accepting/trusting the phone.
- For iOS 8 and higher, you must enable the service UI automation on the device (connect the iOS device to Xcode) as following steps:
- plug in the iOS device
- open Xcode on Mac
- go to Settings on the iOS device > Developer > turn ON UIAutomation
- For iOS 6 and higher, on your iOS device, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced and enable Web Inspector
- To test an iOS native application file (.ipa or .app file), make sure the application file is already built and signed properly to deploy on the device. Follow these steps to check if an application file is already built and signed correctly:
- Open Xcode and navigate to Window/Devices
- Choose your device from the Devices list
- Press the “+” button and choose you application file
- If installed successfully, the application will appear in the Installed Apps section as shown below
- Launch Katalon Studio
- Open a test project
- Open a test case or test suite
- Select the option to execute with iOS device from the Run button of the main toolbar
Select your device from the Android Devices list. Click OK.
If you don’t see any device in the list, check to see if the developer option of the phone is turned on (see Setup Devices), then try to reconnect the device again until you are prompted for accepting/trusting the computer, and make sure you accept it.