Please read Installation and Setup guide first to set up your mobile. Below information is provided for those who can't get their mobile testing work properly after going through setup guide.
- My connected device is not displayed in 'Device Name' list:
Please double check the following items:
- Developer option is turned on.
- A trusted connection is established by tapping on 'Trust this computer' whenever this dialog is displayed on your device.
- Check if the device is listed using adb command:
On Windows command line/ MacOS terminal: Navigate to platform-tools folder in <Android SDK folder>\platform-tools.
Type in "adb devices" and observe devices listed there. Make sure that your corrected device is listed there with online status.
- Does Katalon Studio support emulator?
Yes, we do.
- "Fail to start the Appium server in xx seconds" error message is displayed when I start an application from Record/Spy:
First of all, please set your Appium Log Level to "Debug" which you can find this option in Windows > Katalon Studio Preferences > Katalon > Mobile to generate debug logs of Appium. After this change is applied, retry your record/spy session and then open generated .appium file in the project folder.
Somewhere in this file you are likely will see these lines:
The root cause is Katalon Studio can't start application due to incorrect package and activity by default, so you need to add additional settings to desired capabilities:
- Navigate to Mobile settings (Project > Settings > Execution > Default > Mobile > Android)
- Add the following key
Value: com.* (based on the prefix of 'Found package' log)
4. "Carthage not found" error message is displayed when I start an application on an iOS device.
Known issue of Appium 1.7 with Xcode 9: https://github.com/appium/appium/issues/9344, so please use Katalon Studio 220.127.116.11+ to avoid this message.
5. "appium-uiautomator2-server-v.x.x.x.apk is not found" error message is displayed
The main root cause is your current network connection prevents you to download this file when you call Appium installation command. You can manually download them from here.
6. "Unable to Start Application on this device: Appium directory is invalid."
Katalon Studio cannot locate the provided Appium directory. Please double check your Appium directory to make sure it should be as shown below: