- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Download and install Node.js using the Windows installer on: https://nodejs.org/en/download
Info Make sure you install Node.js into a location where you have full Read and Write permissions.
When installing Node.js, make sure that the Add to PATH option is checked.
To make sure Node.js is installed correctly, you can open Windows command line and type the command: where node to see if system can find Node.js.
Open Command Prompt of Windows and input following command to install Appium:
Code Block language powershell theme RDark
npm install -g appium
- Install USB Driver for your phone, you can download it from the device manufacturer site. (If your Android phone is one of Google Nexus series, please skip this step because Android SDK already include the driver)
- Turn on the phone developer mode (go to Settings -> Developer options).
- Connect your Android device to the computer using USB cable. Just confirm if prompted for accepting/trusting the phone.
- Launch Katalon Studio
- Open a test project
- Open a test case or test suite
- Select the option to execute with the Android device from the Run button of the main toolbar. (Katalon Studio for Windows only supports Android devices).
Select your device from the Android Devices list. Click OK.
Please read Installation and Setup guide first to setup your mobile. Below information are provided for those who can't get their mobile testing work properly after going through setup guide.
- My connected device is not displayed in 'Device Name' list:
=> Please double double check on the following items:
- Developer option is turned on.
- Trusted connection connection is established by by tap on on 'Trust this computer' whenever this dialog is displayed on your device.
- Check if the device is listed using using adb command command:
On terminal, navigate Windows command line/ MacOS terminal: Navigate to platform-tools folder in <Katalon Studio folder>\configuration\resources\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools
Type in "adb devices" and observe devices listed there. You can refer to our attached image for its usage.Make sure that your corrected device is listed there with online status.
- Does Katalon Studio support android emulator?
=> Yes, we do. However, if you use Genymotion then there will be a high chance that Genymotion is not recognized.
- "Fail to start the Appium server in xx seconds" error message is displayed when I start an application from Record/Spy:
First of all, please set your Appium Log Level to "Debug" which you can find this option in Windows > Katalon Studio Preferences > Katalon > Mobile to generate debug logs of Appium. After this change is applied, retry your record/spy session and then open generated .appium file in the project folder.
Somewhere in this file you are likely will see these lines:
[debug] [ADB] Running 'C:\Users\admin\Downloads\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-4.8\configuration\resources\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe' with args: ["-P",5037,"-s","xxxxxxxxxx","shell","dumpsys","window","windows"] [debug] [ADB] Found package: 'com.abc.def.xyz' and fully qualified activity name : 'com.egh.jik' [debug] [ADB] Incorrect package and activity. Retrying.
The root cause is Katalon Studio can't start application due to incorrect package and activity by default, so you need to add additional settings to desired capabilites:
- Navigate to Mobile settings (Project > Settings > Execution > Default > Mobile > Android)
- Add the following key
Value: com.* (based on the prefix of 'Found package' log)
|Table of Contents|