- My connected device is not displayed in 'Device Name' list:
Please double check on the following items:
- Developer option is turned on.
- Trusted connection is established by tap on 'Trust this computer' whenever this dialog is displayed on your device.
- Check if the device is listed using adb command:
On Windows command line/ MacOS terminal: Navigate to platform-tools folder in <Katalon Studio folder>\configuration\resources\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools
Type in "adb devices" and observe devices listed there. Make sure that your corrected device is listed there with online status.
- Does Katalon Studio support emulator?
Yes, we do.
- "Fail to start the Appium server in xx seconds" error message is displayed when I start an application from Record/Spy:
First of all, please set your Appium Log Level to "Debug" which you can find this option in Windows > Katalon Studio Preferences > Katalon > Mobile to generate debug logs of Appium. After this change is applied, retry your record/spy session and then open generated .appium file in the project folder.
Somewhere in this file you are likely will see these lines:
The root cause is Katalon Studio can't start application due to incorrect package and activity by default, so you need to add additional settings to desired capabilites:
- Navigate to Mobile settings (Project > Settings > Execution > Default > Mobile > Android)
- Add the following key
Value: com.* (based on the prefix of 'Found package' log)
4. "Carthage not found" error message is displayed when I start an application on an iOS device.
Known Known issue of Appium 1.7 with Xcode 9: https://github.com/appium/appium/issues/9344, so you need to use Appium 1.6.5 and Xcode 8 instead.