Go to Katalon Download page to get Katalon Studio. A suitable version to your system will be automatically detected and recommended for download. However, you can also select your preferred version on the page. Before diving further into automation testing, check out the System Requirements needed to run Katalon Studio.
- If you do Web Testing, make sure to install your preferred web browsers. Refer to the list of supported browsers for more details.
- If you do Mobile Testing, please refers to following guidelines:
In addition to Windows and macOS, Katalon Studio also provides a beta Linux support.
Activate Katalon Studio
After launching Katalon Studio, provide your registered username and password to activate your Katalon Studio. The username and password are the same as the ones you created when registering and downloading Katalon Studio from https://www.katalon.com/.
When Katalon Studio is activated, the Quick Guide screen is displayed to guide you through all major features. You can skip this and view the Quick Guide later from the Help menu.
Getting a Sample Project Up and Running
When you use Katalon Studio for the first time, the Quick Guide screen is displayed to guide you through all the significant features. You can opt to skip this and refer to the guide later in the Help menu. Additionally, Katalon Studio provides sample projects for users to get familiar with the tool.
- You can now choose to create a new sample project through File > New Sample Project and select your preferred project. Enter the name of your new project and the location to store the project data on your machine.
- When the sample project is loaded, you can view a test case or a test suite through selecting it in the Test Explorer on the left of the UI.
- To execute the script, simply go to the Run command on the Main toolbar.
Note: You can specify the target browser to be launched by selecting from the Record/Run drop-down list.
Katalon Studio will provide a Job Progress tab to show the status of your execution as well as Log Viewer to let you identify any potential problems occurred.
That’s it! You now can open a project and execute a test using Katalon Studio. You can also modify parts of these provided sample projects to get you familiar with the tool.
Where to Go Next?
Check out our Overview to see the list of all the resources available in this Documentation page and beyond.