Follow these basic steps to get familiar with the Record & Playback features for WebUI Test:
- Click on the New Test Case button on the main toolbar. Provide a name for your test case and click OK. An empty test case will be created.
- Click on Record from the main toolbar.
- The Record dialog is displayed.
Click on the Record button to start recording test case.
Type Description New Browsers Launch a new browser and start recording actions from that browser. Active Browsers
Focus on the current active Chrome browser and start recording actions from it. You will be asked for installation of Katalon Utility:
Refer to Katalon Addon for Chrome for more details.
- Execute all your test steps on the browser. All of your actions performed on the browser will be recorded by Katalon Studio.
For the scope of this tutorials, let’s access demoaut.katalon.com, click on the Make Appointment button, then click on the Login button.
- You can Stop or Pause recording if needed. When you are done with recording, click OK to save recorded actions into Katalon Studio.
- You will be prompted to save captured objects into Object Repository of Katalon Studio. Click OK to continue.
- Recorded objects and actions are saved in the test case as shown below.
- Click on the Run button on the main Toolbar to execute the script. You can specify the target browser to run by selecting it from the drop-down list.