Grant Katalon Licenses
In this guide, you will learn to assign Katalon Studio Enterprise (KSE) and Katalon Runtime Engine (KRE) licenses to Users in your Organization.
Grant a license
An internet connection for you and the users you will grant the license to.
You must be the Owner or Admin of your Organization.
You have already added team members to your Organization. See: User Management.
Follow these steps to grant KSE/KRE licenses:
Sign in to Katalon TestOps, select your Organization, then go to Settings > License Management.
The License Management page appears as below.
Choose between KSE (per-User) and KRE (Floating).Note:
See Types of Licenses to understand the KSE per-User license and the KRE floating license.
In the Licensed Users section, click Assign License .
The Assign License page appears as below.
Enter the user's email address you want to assign the license to.Tip:
- You can assign the license to multiple users.
Click Assign License to confirm.
You have granted the KSE/KRE licenses to your users.
- For KSE per-User licenses, the number of assigned users cannot exceed the license quota.
For KRE floating licenses, there is no limit on the number of assigned users. However, to optimize license usage and avoid session termination, the Owner and Admin must remember the following rules:
- Each session accounts for one license.
- The number of parallel sessions cannot exceed the license quota.
- Users need API Keys to activate a KRE license.
Your users can now activate their KSE and KRE licenses. You can refer them to this link for activation: Activate Katalon License.
Granting a license this way allows you to transfer a license freely among registered users of an Organization as long as the number of licensed users does not exceed the license quota.
You can remove these licenses and reattribute them any time by following this guide: Transfer a license.
About offline licenses
An Offline License allows you to use KSE and KRE without an internet connection. Once an offline license is generated, you cannot revoke or transfer it to a different machine. Only annual subscriptions can be converted to an offline version.
By default, an offline license expires at the end of your subscription period. It can also be set to expire earlier by inputting a different expiry date when generating the offline license file.
When an offline license expires, you can generate a new offline license file to continue using KSE/KRE offline, or you can switch to using an online license instead.
As a machine ID is required to create an offline license, Katalon generates a machine ID based on the hardware specifications and the user's account logging in to that machine.
- Once converted to an offline license, a KSE/KRE license is bound to a machine until it expires. You cannot undo this action.
Create an offline license
An offline license allows you to use KSE and KRE without an internet connection. Once an offline license is generated, you cannot revoke or transfer it to a different machine. Learn more about how it works here: About offline licenses.
- An annual license.
You must be the Owner or Administrator of your Organization.
- You have already received the intended user's machine ID.
- If you have not yet, then send this guide to your user so they can find their machine ID: View Machine ID.
- Sign in to the Katalon Platform.
- Go to . The License Management page appears.
- Choose between KSE (per-user) or KRE (floating).
- Scroll down to the Offline Licenses section, then click on the Create Offline License button.
- Enter the User's machine ID and input the expiry date. Note:
- At this point, make sure to double check your machine IDs to ensure you are distributing the offline licenses to the right users.
- Confirm the information in the pop-up window, then click Create.
- You have created an offline license. Note that:
For KSE, the newly-created offline license file is named
KSE_<machineID>.licand added in the offline licenses section.
For KRE, the newly-created offline license file is named
KRE_<machineID>.licand added in the offline licenses section.
- Download and transfer the offline license files to the user.
You have successfully created your offline license. Send its user to this guide next: Activate a Katalon License.