There are two ways a baseline collection is created:
- If tests are executed in Katalon Studio or run with the CLI as a part of the CI/CD pipeline and their results are uploaded to TestOps, the System-generated Common Baseline Collection folder is automatically created to store the captured images.
- If you schedule test runs in TestOps, you can select Visual Testing and choose Generate a new Baseline Collection. See: Schedule Test Runs.
Access a baseline collection
To access a baseline collection, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Katalon TestOps and go to your project.
- Go to Visual Testing > Visual Baseline Collections.You will see all baseline collection IDs and their details (latest version, number of the baseline images in each baseline collection, and the test schedule that links to them).
- Click on the Baseline Collection ID you want to check.To customize the baseline collection, you can:
- Click on Pencil icon to edit the name of the baseline collection.
- Click History to see the older version of the baseline collection.
- Edit or delete each baseline image of this baseline collection.
- Select Pixel-based or Layout-based as the default comparison method for the baseline collection. Note:
- This feature is available on Visual Testing Professional (VTP) package.
- The default comparison method will determine the checkpoint status (such as Match or Mismatch) for all visual test runs that use the same baseline collection.
Upload baseline images and create new baseline collection
The Upload baseline images and Create new baseline collection features are available on Visual Testing Professional (VTP) package. You can upload images to an existing baseline collection, or create a new baseline collection and upload images to it.
Upload baseline images
- Select the Baseline Collection ID that you want to upload images.The list of baseline images appears.
- Click on Upload Images button.Note:
- If you have any unsaved changes (such as ignored zones, default comparison method, or pixel sensitivity), you must save them before uploading the image(s). Otherwise, the button will be disabled.
- Upload your images.You can only upload PNG or JPG image files, with a maximum of 20 images at once.
- Click Upload.
Create a new baseline collection
- Go to Visual Testing > Visual Baseline Collections.The list of baseline collections appears.
- Click on Create Baseline Collection button.
- Enter the baseline collection name, then upload your images.You can only upload PNG or JPG image files, with a maximum of 20 images at once.
- Click Create.