If a Test Run fails, you can link its Test Result to Jira issues, such as Jira Bugs. You can then view the Test Result of that Test Run in Jira to investigate the Defects.
In Jira, install this plugin from the Atlassian Marketplace website: Katalon Studio and TestOps integration.
You have configured Jira integration. See: Enable Katalon TestOps - Jira integration for test management.
Link Test Results to Jira
- Sign in to Katalon TestOps and go to your Project.
- Go to Reports > Test Runs.
- Select a failed Test Run by clicking on its ID, then click on the Test Results tab.
The Test Results page appears as below.
- Mouse over the Test Result you want to link to a Jira Bug. The Bug icon appears in the Links column.
- Click on the Bug icon.The screen appears as below.
- Search for the Jira issue in the Jira Defects section, then click on the Link icon.
You can also install the Katalon Integration Plugin in your Chrome browser. This plugin allows you to navigate directly to Jira to create a new Jira issue. It then automatically links the Jira issue back to the Test Result you have selected. Follow these steps:
- Install this extension from the Chrome web store: Katalon Integration.
- Enable Katalon Integration in Chrome Extensions.
- Check the Jira Defects section in Katalon TestOps again.
After completing the installation, the Create icon is enabled.
- Click on the Create icon to switch directly to Jira, then create a new Jira issue.
Once you have enabled Katalon Plugin, you can see the Plugin icon in the corner of a Jira issue.
You can always click on the Plugin icon to quickly switch back to Katalon TestOps.
View linked Test Runs in Jira
- Go to the Jira issue you have linked the Test Results to.
- Click on the Linked Test Runs section to see all Test Results of the linked Test Runs.
View Defects in Katalon TestOps
Select a Test Run by clicking on its ID, then select the Defects tab on the Test Run page.
You can view all Jira issues associated with the Defects of a Test Run here.
To see all other Defects, go to Reports > Defects.