Failed Test Results
When a test failure occurs, it is associated with a failure reason. To help you monitor the quality of a Project via test failures, TestOps comes with a Failed Test Results chart that organizes test failures by reason type.
Failed Test Results is limited to the Premium and Ultimate plans of Katalon Platform. See Katalon Platform Plans for more information.
View failed test results
- Log in to TestOps.
- Go to Reports > Test Runs > Failed Test Results.
- The Failed Test Results chart is displayed: You can modify the Failed Test Results chart by using the following data filters in the drop-down:
All Results: Shows statistics of all failed test results.
Latest Results: Only shows statistics of the latest test result (if the latest one failed).
Failure reasons Examples Automation Bug
- Test script cannot be compiled (syntax errors) or executed with runtime errors.
Test script cannot locate web elements.
Insufficient wait time for test objects to load.
Application logic has changed.
Unexpected behaviours of web elements.
Web elements no longer exist.
Use of new /unresolved libraries.
Network Issues/ Third Parties Issues
- Network connection is down.
Uncategorized For other unspecified failure reasons.
- Scroll down and navigate to the Top 10 Exceptions from all Test Results section to view the ten (10) most common exceptions from failed test results. Note: This list is not affected by the All Results and Latest Result filters.
- Along your selected exception class item, navigate and click on the test results link under the Number of Test Results column to view the list of all test failures featuring the exception class item.
- From the modal opened in #5, click View Errors to see the error log of a selected test failure as shown below: