- From the main menu, select File > Open Project.
- Browse to the folder where your project is located and select it.You can also quickly open recent test project by selecting from a list displayed under the File menu.
Create a test project in Katalon Studio - Standalone Edition
- Go to File > New > Project from the main menu.
- In the displayed New Project dialog, enter the name of your project.
- Choose a desired project Type.
- Generic, Web, Mobile, Desktop: All standard features for Web, Mobile, API, and Desktop Testing are available.
API/Web Service: Exclusive features for API/Web Service Testing are enabled, including icons of importing test requests from OpenAPI Specification 3.0, WADLs, WSDLs, OpenAPI Specification 2.0 (Swagger), and Postman; Request History list and more.
- In the Project field dropdown list, you can either choose to create a blank project or a sample project. If you choose to create a sample project, the Git repository URL of that sample project is retrieved in the Repository URL accordingly.If you choose to create a blank project, you can choose whether to generate .gitignore file or build.gradle file.
- In the Location field, choose the location for your test where you have all Read & Write permission. Do not store your projects in the Katalon build folder.
- Enter a brief Description for your new project, then click OK.Katalon will generate a project accordingly.