Katalon Studio allows using external Java
.jar libraries either through project settings or adding them to a designated folder. You can leverage this to extend the capabilities of Katalon Studio and handle specific situations when needed. This article will show you how to add external libraries to Katalon Studio or replace the built-in libraries with the external ones in a test project.
Add external libraries to a project
You can add external libraries to a Katalon Studio project in three different ways:
- Use Gradle.
- Go to Libraries Management of the Project Settings of a project.
- Copy and past a library's
.jarfile to Driver folder of a project.
Use Gradle in Katalon Studio
Use project settings
- In Katalon Studio, go to Project > Settings > Library Management.For Katalon Studio In older than 7.8.0, go to Project > Settings > External Library.
- In Library Management, click Add to browse your
.jarfile(s) (and its dependencies if any).To remove an added external libraries, select a library, click Remove > OK.
- Click on Apply and Close to save the settings.
Manually copy and paste .jar files to the Drivers folder
.jarfile (and its dependencies if any) into the Drivers folder of a project. You have to restart Katalon Studio (close and open the project again) to reload its class paths.
.jar library is recognized by the test engine, you should be able to use it. Refer to how to create a Custom Keyword for more information on how to use the email validation functionality from Apache open-source library commons-validator-1.5.1.jar.
Exclude built-in libraries
- An active Katalon Studio Enterprise license.
Katalon Studio version 7.8.0 onwards.
.classpathfile of a project folder, you can replace a built-in library with an external one for flexible libraries usage in a test project.
- This feature applies to all libraries in
Excluding those libraries may cause failure of the relevant features.
- In Katalon Studio, go to Project > Settings > Library Management.
- In the Exclude the following built-in libraries section, click Add to add a built-in library's name that will be removed.
- In the External Libraries section, click Add to browse an external library to replace the excluded one.