When you cannot see the connected device displayed in the Device Name list, it can be because one of the following causes:
If you do mobile testing with iOS devices, make sure you enable UI Automation on the device. Do as follows:
- Connect your device to Xcode.
- Go to Settings > Developer and turn on UIAutomation.
- Check if your device is recognized using the following commands on Terminal:
cd /Applications/Katalon\ Studio.app/Contents/Eclipse/configuration/resources/tools/imobiledevice idevice_id -lNote:
If your iOS version is iOS 11, make sure the version of Katalon Studio is 5.3.0+.
If you do mobile testing with Android devices, make sure to turn on the phone developer mode. Do as follows:
- Connect your phone to the computer via a USB cable.
- Go to Settings > Developer options, enable:
- USB debugging – Debug mode when USB is connected.
- Install via USB – Allow installing apps via USB.
- USB debugging (Security Setting) – Allow granting permissions and simulating input via USB debugging.
- Make sure a trusted connection is established by tapping on Trust this computer whenever this dialog is displayed on your device.
- Check if the device is listed using adb command:
- On Windows command line/ MacOS terminal: Navigate to platform-tools folder in <Android SDK folder>\platform-tools.
- Type in "adb devices" and observe devices listed there. Make sure that your corrected device is listed there with online status.