TestCloud allows you to perform automated tests on mobile native applications. You can upload a mobile application and tests developed locally in Katalon Studio to TestOps, and then use TestCloud to orchestrate test executions without having to set up local emulators or simulators.
This guide shows you how to perform mobile native application testing on TestCloud.
An active Katalon TestCloud subscription or trial.
A mobile application file in .apk or .aab format (for Android), or in .ipa format (for iOS).
A mobile test project configured in TestOps. To set up a sample project for iOS application testing, see: Open the sample iOS test project.
Upload a mobile application to TestOps
To upload a mobile application to TestOps, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Katalon TestOps and go to your project.
- Go to Test Execution > Application Repository.
- In the Application Repository page, click on the Upload Application button.
- In the opened dialog, click Choose Files and select the application you want to upload.Application Repository supports uploading application files in .apk, .aab, and .ipa.
Schedule a mobile automated test on TestCloud
With the mobile application uploaded and the associated mobile test project configured in TestOps, you can schedule automated test executions on the application with TestCloud.
Follow these steps:
- Sign in to Katalon TestOps and go to your Project.
- Go to Test Execution and click Schedule Test Run.The Schedule Test Run dialog pops up.
- Select the repository containing the mobile test project you want to execute.
- In the Run with section, select Mobile Native App.
- In the Mobile Native App section, select the desired mobile application.
- Select your mobile environment. In the TestCloud section, select the mobile device for your tests.
- Click Schedule.
You are directed to the Test Run List page, where you can see the scheduled execution with the configured environment.
You can click on the play icon to manually trigger the test run.
To check the progress of your test runs, see: View test results and execution logs in Katalon TestOps.