Run mobile native application tests on TestCloud
TestCloud allows you to perform automated tests on mobile native applications. You can upload a mobile application and tests developed locally in Katalon Studio to TestOps, and then use TestCloud to orchestrate test executions without having to set up local emulators or simulators.
This guide shows you how to perform mobile native application testing on TestCloud.
An active Katalon TestCloud subscription or trial.
A mobile application file in .apk or .aab format (for Android), or in .ipa format (for iOS).
A mobile test project configured in TestOps.
To set up a sample project for iOS application testing, see Open the sample iOS test project.
To set up a sample project for Android application testing, see Open the sample Android test project .
Upload a mobile application to TestOps
Follow these steps to upload a mobile application to TestOps.
- Sign in to Katalon TestOps and go to your project.
- Go to Test Execution > Application Repository.
- In the Application Repository page, click Upload Application.
- In the Upload Application dialog box, click Choose Files and select the application you want to upload.Note:
- Application Repository supports uploading application files in .apk, .aab, and .ipa.
The size limit for the uploaded application is 500MB.
Schedule a mobile automated test on TestCloud
With the mobile application uploaded and the associated mobile test project configured in TestOps, you can schedule automated test executions on the application with TestCloud.
- Sign in to Katalon TestOps and go to your Project.
- Go to Test Execution and click Schedule Test Run.The Schedule Test Run dialog appears.
- Select the repository containing the mobile test project you want to execute from Script Repository.
- In the Environment section, click on the dropdown menu and select More options.
- Switch to the Mobile Native App tab.
- Select the desired mobile application.
- Select the mobile environment for your tests.
- Return to the Schedule Test Run dialog and click Schedule.
You are directed to the Test Run List page, where you can see the scheduled execution with the configured environment.
You can click on the play icon to manually trigger the test run.
To check the progress of your test runs, see: View test results and execution logs in Katalon TestOps.
You can click on the Play icon to manually trigger the test run.
To check the progress of your test runs, see View test results and execution logs in Katalon TestOps.