- Katalon Studio version 8.1.0 onwards
- Katalon Runtime Engine version 8.1.0 onwards
You can use a custom Android SDK location instead of the Katalon Studio default location. From version 8.1.0 onwards, Katalon Runtime Engine supports the ANDROID_HOME environment variable to specify a path to Android SDK root folder. To configure environment variable with KRE commands, see: .
Specify a path to Android SDK root folder
By default, the Android SDK root folder is located at ~/.katalon/tools/androidsdk. You can rename or move your Android SDK root folder to another location and use the ANDROIDHOME environment variable to point the path to that new location. See also: [Mobile] Android Setup.
Start Katalon Studio with this command-line option instead of double-clicking on the Katalon app:
For Linux and macOS:
$ export ANDROID_HOME=<Your Android SDK
$ export ANDROID_HOME=/opt/dev/android-sdk-linux
$ ./katalon <arguments>
1. In the Windows explorer search bar, search for Edit the system environment variables.
The System Properties dialog appears. Click Environment Variables.
2. In the System variables, click New to create a new environment variable like so:
- Variable: ANDROID_HOME
- Value: your custom path to the Android SDK root folder
For Appium to locate the tools, keep the ADB file and these folders as their original names: