[Custom fields & tags] Allows users to organize their test artifacts. See: Custom Fields and Tags.
Assign custom fields or tags to test case, test schedule, and test run
Assign custom fields or tags to test entities when uploading reports from external sources
Filter test entities on TestOps
Limited analytical filtering with custom fields and tags
[Xray integration] Allows users to link their manual & automation test from TestOps to Xray. See: Configure Xray Integration in Katalon TestOps.
Link TestOps test case with Xray test on Jira
Link TestOps test schedule with Xray test plan on Jira
Automatically/manually push TestOps test run to Jira as Xray test execution
Manage Xray test execution with release versions and evidences from TestOps
Synchronize TestOps test results to Xray test run
Users who adopt Robot framework can now orchestrate testing activities by integrating with TestOps: the status of visual test cases developed by Robot framework can be promptly driven by Visual Testing results.
Supported the multi-year subscription plan.
Changed a UI text: The button "Submit a Ticket" is now "Submit a Support Case" to maintain consistency with the header on the Katalon Platform portal.
Implemented an API for project creation in Reports and Analytics.
- Test Run Report enhancements:
Synchronize test run list and test result by status chart
Interactive search bar
Advance Time range filter
Allowed the Account Owner/ Account Admin to assign a Visual Testing Professional product to a member's license before they accept the invitation.
- Fixed the issue where users cannot assign KRE-Nodelock after clicking the Back button.
Added a notice message for users who exceed 50 accounts limit.
Fixed the issue where creating a default project after signing up on Katalon Platform did not generate default custom fields.
Fixed the mismatched test run results in some user cases of purchasing or canceling subscription plan.
- Visual Testing Professional (VTP):
- Introduced the Pixel Sensitivity adjustment feature. See: Adjust the pixel sensitivity level.
- Introduced the Default Comparison Method feature in a baseline collection. See: Default Comparison Method.
- Introduced the Upload Images and Create Baseline Collection features. See: Upload baseline images/collection.
Displayed the number of Organizations and Users per plan on the Subscription Management page.
Introduced one more sub-tier for the Ultimate plan - 20000 Test results.
Allowed Team Owner and Team Admin to edit Project Name in Project Management.
Allowed Account Owner and Account Admin to assign KSE/KRE licenses right after sending invitations to new member users.
Users can go to Welcome Page from their Profile Page, which simplifies user navigation.
Added a sample project called First Project in every newly created organization. Users can interact with the data in this project to learn about TestOps features.
Removed the redundant pop-up where users must select standalone apps before processing the checkout.
Provided Guidelines for users who reach the limit of the Katalon Platform quota so they can adjust their subscription plan accordingly.
Allowed users to delete their Account if they do not have any subscriptions or cancel auto-renewal.
[UI/UX] Removed the View Demo Site button on the navigation bar.
[UI/UX] Removed the Schedule Sample Test Run button on the Test Execution page.
[UI/UX] Removed the Quick Guide button on the Profile menu.
Removed the incorrect name and incorrect quota of Katalon Platform for the Free tier when users are in the trial plan.
Fixed bugs that are relevant to Assign Licenses and Inviting User flows.
Fixed HTML injection issues.
Added a user survey to help new users start to use Katalon Platform with the right edition of Katalon Studio.
Improved the Smart Scheduler to set proper date for test execution.
Added the Skipped category for test result status.
Added the option to download Katalon Studio - Standalone Edition directly in TestOps.
Removed the requirement for typing in the test run ID when users want to terminate a test run.
Updated the Test Scheduler UI with more accurate wording and tooltips.
Fixed the Katalon integration extension issue (on Chrome).
Implemented the Katalon Platform onboarding tours for testers and QA managers.
Introduced the Account level to handle billing management. One organization belongs to only one Account. The Billing Manager role is now moved to the Account level. See: Administrative Roles and Permissions.
Added the option to download Katalon Studio and Katalon Runtime Engine in the navigation bar.
[Jira integration] Fetched the Start Date and Release Date for populated Jira releases. See Populate Jira releases.
In the Profile dropdown list:
Added the option to view release notes.
Added the option to download Katalon Studio.
Changed UI text from Community to Community Portal.
Changed UI text from Submit a Ticket to Submit a Support Case.
Removed Feature Requests and Bug Reports buttons. You can now submit feature requests and report bugs via the Forum.
In the Test Execution tab:
Changed UI text from Pre-Installed Katalon Studio Location to Pre-Installed Katalon Runtime Engine Location in the Schedule Test Run dialog.
Changed UI text from Katalon Studio version to Katalon Runtime Engine version in the session details.
In the Settings panel:
Added the Support Management button in the TestOps Admin settings. This option allows an organization owner or administrator to assign supported slots to members for ticket submission.
Enabled the ability to move and edit applied-all ignored zones. See Apply an ignored zone to all baseline images.
Added the Analyzing status to the comparison methods when the process is being run.
[Reports] Introduced the Incomplete status for test runs.
Upgraded dependencies to version 1.3.3-AC for the Jira cloud add-on.
Optimized data fetching from Git repositories.
- [Visual Testing]:
Allowed an ignored zone to be applied to all baseline images in a baseline collection.
Allowed an ignored zone to be deleted in all baseline images in a baseline collection.
Enabled navigation back to the baseline collection details from the baseline collection history.
Combined the Results and Checkpoints tabs into one Results tab in the Visual Test Run section.
- Bug: Could not clone Bitbucket repository from a branch containing
Users need to upgrade the agent to the latest version 1.7.4.
[Visual Testing] Enabled marking multiple checkpoints as passed or failed.
[Test Case Management] Added Flakiness, Last Updated, Average Duration, Last Executed in the Test Case filter search.
[Test Case Management] Added the status for each test case, the No. of execution column and enabled all linked requirements to be displayed in the Requirements column.
- [Integration] Enabled compatibility for Jira version 8.19.1 with Katalon TestOps adds-on.
- [UI/UX] Separated Visual Testing from Reports module. Visual Testing has now become an independent module on TestOps.
- [UI/UX] In the Test Runs page, added filters for operating system and browser with their corresponding columns in the All Test Runs grid.
Introduced the Test Runs Overview module. See: Test Runs Overview.
Allowed access to a demo site from the organization's dashboard.
Introduced onboarding tours for key TestOps functionalities.
[UI/UX] Disabled the Survey Monkey in the Test Run Details page.
[Script Repository] Required username and PAT input when creating a new Git script repository.
[UI/UX] Retained the state of previous page in the Test Suite Details page.
[UI/UX] In the Schedule Test Run dialog, when choosing Test Suite for type:
- Added Chrome (headless) and Firefox (headless) options in the Run with dropdown list.
- Removed the currently-selected TestCloud platforms if choosing a different browser from the Run with dropdown list.
[UI/UX] Allowed automatic navigation to the TestOps folder in which the new Test Suite has just been created.
[Administration] Introduced the new license types. See: Sunsetting plan for node-locked and floating licenses.
Introduced AWS CodeCommit for test scheduling and test management. Read more: Upload Test Scripts from a Git Repository.
- [Test Suite Management] Enabled test suite deletion.
- [UX/UI] [Test Suite] Allowed script repository to be indicated under loading.
- Disabled .zip script repository uploads for unused projects.
- [UX/UI] [Schedule Test Run] Appended path to test suite name when scheduling test run with Test Suite type.
- [UX/UI] [Schedule Test Run] Made TestCloud as default option in environment selection.
- Bug: Resolved security bugs.
- Introduced test suite functionalities for TestOps. Users can create, execute and manage test suites. Read more: Manage Test Suites.
- Introduced the design for test suite management. Read more: Manage Test Suites.
- Introduced GitLab and Azure Repos integration for test scheduling and test management. Read more: Upload Test Scripts from a Git Repository.
- Introduce TestCloud Trial Period as a new multi-browser testing environment. Read more: TestCloud Overview.
- [Integration] Enabled users to merge existing test results when configuring a new script repository integration.
- [Test Case Management] Enabled the script repository folder refresh in the directory view.
- [UX/UI] Enabled users to resize the test management directory view.
- [UX/UI] Indicated that the script repository is loading.
- [TestCloud] Displayed Trial tag for TestCloud environment option when scheduling test runs.