Katalon Studio can integrate with Jira Cloud, and Jira Data Center (Jira Server). To enable Jira Integration in Katalon Studio, follow this guide: Enable Jira integration in Katalon Studio.
Jira Software is a project management tool that helps you plan, assign, track, manage, and report on your work. Jira Software can be customized to fit in with any type of project, and for many different use cases. To learn more about Jira use cases, refer to this Jira document: What is Jira used for?
With Jira - Katalon Platform integration, you can manage test cases with linked Jira tickets, and create Behavior-driven development (BDD) test scenarios alongside related requirements and stories.
- Import test cases from Jira to Katalon Studio to create test cases and run BDD tests.
- Automatically submit test results and test reports to the linked Jira issue. See View test results in Jira tickets.
- Submit an issue to Jira directly from the test reports page of Katalon Studio. See Submit an issue from Katalon Studio to Jira.
This document gives information about the Jira - Katalon Platform integration workflow.
Configure Jira integration
Katalon Platform uses 2 plugins and 1 optional extension to integrate with Jira:
- You need a plugin on Jira side for both Katalon TestOps and Katalon Studio integration. In Jira, install this plugin from the Atlassian Marketplace website: Katalon Studio and TestOps integration.
- If you use Katalon Studio as your test authoring tool, you need to install this plugin from the Katalon Store to enable Jira integration in Katalon Studio: Jira Integration.
- Optional: This Chrome extension allows you to submit test run defects from TestOps to Jira: Katalon Integration.
- Katalon TestOps - Jira integration guide: Enable TestOps - Jira integration for test management.
- Katalon Studio - Jira integration guide: Configure Jira integration in Katalon Studio.
Plan your tests
Jira - Katalon Platform integration allows you to plan and manage your test in Katalon Platform. You can:
- Populate Jira releases. See Populate Jira releases.
- Link test cases to Jira requirements. See Link test cases to Jira requirements.
- Write BDD scenarios right inside Jira tickets. See Manage BDD test cases with Jira integration.
After creating a release, you can link test runs to a release. See Link test runs to a release.
Organize your tests
With Jira - Katalon Studio integration, you can import BDD fields and test cases from Jira to Katalon Studio. You can also continue scripting your BDD test scenarios. See Import BDD fields and test cases from Jira to Katalon Studio.
View and analyze test results
After you execute your tests, you can automatically sync your test results to Jira for your team to view:
For detailed instructions, refer to: Manage BDD test cases with Jira integration.
- In each ticket. See View test results in Jira tickets.
- In Jira Dashboard. See View test results in Jira Test Results gadget.
You can also view BDD test results in Katalon TestOps. See View BDD Test Results in TestOps.
Analyze reports: In TestOps dashboard, you can get a full picture of your test coverage with the linked requirements. This allows you to centralize all Jira and BDD requirements in one single place for reports and analytics. See Requirement coverage reports.