Import Selenium IDE version 3 projects to Katalon Studio
In addition to importing Selenium/TestNG/JUnit projects into Katalon Studio, from version 7.5.10 onwards, you can also import a Selenium IDE project for execution with Katalon Studio.
Selenium IDE is an integrated development environment for Selenium tests. It is implemented as a Chrome add-on and Firefox extension, which allows users to record, edit, and debug tests. Katalon Studio supports Selenium IDE project version 3.x onwards.
This tutorial shows you how to import a Selenium IDE project to a project in Katalon Studio and how Katalon Studio maps the imported test artifacts.
Katalon Studio version 7.5.10 onwards
You can download our GitHub sample project for importing a Selenium IDE project to Katalon Studio: Import Selenium IDE sample.
Import a Selenium IDE project to Katalon Studio
In Katalon Studio:
- Open a project.
From the menu bar, select File > Import Selenium IDE Project and browse your Selenium IDE file (a single file with a
.sideextension) to open.
Map Selenium IDE with Katalon Studio test artifacts
A Selenium IDE project contains Tests, Suites, and Executing. Katalon Studio only imports Tests and Suites.
Selenium IDE Suites - Katalon Studio Test Suites
Under the Test Suites folder in Tests Explorer, Katalon Studio creates an Imported from Selenium IDE Scripts folder to store the imported suites. Once the import process is done, Katalon Studio open the test suites automatically.
- If your Katalon project already has an Imported from Selenium IDE Scripts folder under the Test Suites folder, the new folder should be Imported from Selenium IDE Scripts (1).
- If there is no suite in the imported Selenium IDE project, Katalon Studio does not create an Imported from Selenium IDE Scripts folder under the Test Suites folder.
Selenium IDE Tests - Katalon Studio Test Cases
Under the Test Cases folder in Tests Explorer, Katalon Studio creates an Imported from Selenium IDE Scripts/<suite name> folder to store the imported tests.
An imported test case contains a set of Selenium commands recorded by Selenium IDE.
- Supported element locators include
ui. To learn more about Selenium locators, you can refer to the Selenium Java document here: Selenium Java document.
- Selenium/TestNG/JUnit Migration to Katalon Studio
- Learn more with our Katalon Academy course: Migrate from Selenium to Katalon Studio – Everything You Should Know