- An active Katalon Studio Enterprise (KSE) license.
- Katalon Studio version 7.8.0 onwards.
- You must be an Admin or Owner of your Account.
You can define how long an open Katalon Studio app with a KSE license can stay inactive before the licensed user is considered idle. Licensed users considered idle will be automatically signed out. This setting impacts all the licensed users in the Organization.
In Katalon TestOps
- Sign in to Katalon TestOps.
- On the Account admin menu, select the Security section on the left bar, navigate to the Idle Timeout (Katalon Studio Enterprise) section.
- Toggled on Automatically log out inactive users from KSE.
The Timeout Limit section appears.
- In the Timeout Limit dropdown list, choose one of the following options:
- 1 hour.
- 3 hours.
- 6 hours.
- 12 hours.
- 24 hours.
- Custom (in minutes): specify your desired timeout (in minutes).
- From version 8.2.0 onwards, you can set the bypass threshold to limit the number of times that licensed users can resume the session after receiving the idle timeout notification.
- By default, Katalon turn off Allow Idle Timeout Bypass Limit section to enable licensed users to resume the session unlimited times. Turn on this section then input the desired bypass limit.
- Click Update once finished.
In Katalon Studio
When this setting is applied, Katalon Studio will notify the user 15 minutes before the end of the timeout period or when only a quarter of the time remains, whichever is shorter.
If you leave the bypass section empty in TestOps, idle users receive a notification like this:
To resume the session, the user can click Continue. If you set a bypass limit in TestOps, the notification dialog displays how many times idle users have left to resume the session.
To log out immediately, the user can click Log out.
If the user does nothing or clicks on the X button to close this notification dialog, the user will be logged out automatically at the end of the timeout period.