Your test project is already linked with a script repository: Configure a Git repository in TestOps.
Schedule test runs
- Go to your Project and select the Executions tab.
The Test Run Calendar page appears as shown below:
- Click Schedule Test Run.
The Schedule Test Run dialog appears as shown below:
- Enter a name for the test run, then select your repository from the Script Repository drop-down.
- Choose the execution type:
Test Suite: Run a test suite available in the script repository.
Test Suite Collection: Run a test suit collection available in the script repository.
Generic Command: Execute tests with other frameworks outside Katalon Studio (e.g., Pytest).
To apply visual testing in your tests, see: TestOps Visual Testing.
- In the Environment section, click on the drop-down menu and select from the suggested environments.
- If you want to select other environments, click on More options .Choose among Local Test Environment, TestCloud Test Environment, Kubernetes Test Environment, or CircleCI Test Environment.
- When you finish, click Save.
- If you want to select other environments, click on More options .
- By default, the execution is triggered once.If you want the test to run periodically, toggle on Repeat and set the End date and the interval you want to run the tests, then click Schedule.
- If you want to save the configuration without running tests, click the drop-down arrow, then select Save Configuration.You can come back another time to run tests manually. See: Execute test run manually.
You can optimize your configurations in the Advanced settings section of the Schedule Test Run dialog.
When you open the Schedule Test Run dialog, at the bottom left corner, click Advanced settings.
The dialog displays with the following settings:
Visual Testing: select a Baseline Collection ID or generate a new Baseline Collection to compare with the captured images.
Katalon Runtime Engine Version: select a Katalon Runtime Engine version to run your test. With Latest version, the test scheduler will select the highest version that supports your test environment.
Execution Mode: choose between Sequential (run one test after another) or Parallel (run tests at the same time). See: Run multiple Test Suites in parallel with Agents.Note:
- You can only run test suites in a sequential mode. If you choose Test Suite, there is no Parallel option.
- For Xray Test Plan and Xray Push Mechanism: see Link a Katalon test run with an Xray test plan.
- For Kobiton: switch the Kobiton toggle on to enable the integration, then enter your Kobiton Device ID to run tests on that device. See: How to configure Kobiton integration with Katalon TestOps.
Custom Field & Tag: assign custom fields and tags to your test run schedule. See: Custom Fields and Tags.
Release Version: select the release version you want to link your test runs to. See: Manage Test Runs by Release.
Timeout in Minutes: define the time after which test execution is canceled. Add more minutes to this limit to avoid test executions getting timed out before completion.
After creating the schedule, Katalon TestOps automatically directs you to the Test Run List page.
The Test Run List page shows you a collection of Test Runs with the same configurations (Test Environment, Script Repository).
View test run types in Katalon Studio
- This feature is available from Katalon Studio version 7.9.1 onwards.
- You have enabled TestOps integration in Katalon Studio. See: Katalon Studio Integration.
Follows these steps:
- Open your project in Katalon Studio.
- In the Tests Explorer sidebar, go to TestOps > Test Run Types.You can view a summary of Test Run Types that have been configured in TestOps.
- Click on one of the Test Run names. This opens the Test Runs Summary page in Katalon TestOps.
Trigger test runs manually
You can execute test runs one time or regularly by configuring a schedule for test runs. See: Schedule Test Runs.
You can also trigger an existing test run by following these steps:
In your TestOps Project, go to Executions > Schedules.
Click on the Run icon to trigger the test run.