Starting from version 7.2.0, this keyword is available for Windows desktop application testing on Katalon Studio.
Description: Find and attach the opening application window that describes by the given windows object to the working WindowsDriver session on the current desktop.
This keyword should be used when:
- The main application window has been closed and replaced by another window.
- The application has multiple working windows. We can switch among these windows.
- We already have an opened application and need to switch to without reopening requires
Keyword name: switchToWindow
- Keyword syntax: Windows.switchToWindow(windowsObject, flowControl)
- Name: windowsObject
- Description: An object that describes locator and locator strategy to find the opening application.
- Parameter Type: WindowsTestObject.
- Mandatory: Required.
- Name: flowControl
- Description: Used to control the step if the step failed.\ STOPONFAILURE: throws a StepFailedException if the step failed (default).\ CONTINUEONFAILURE: continue the test if the test failed but the test result is still failed.\ OPTIONAL: continue the test and ignore the test result.
- Parameter Type: FailureHandling
- Mandatory: optional
- Returns: The WindowsDriver after Katalon Studio switches successfully.
- Throw: StepFailedException if Katalon Studio could not find any window that matches with the given windows object.