This article shows you how to configure Jira integration in Katalon Studio.
Enable Jira integration in Katalon Studio
- In Katalon Studio, go to Projects > Settings > Plugins > JIRA.
- Select the Enable integration checkbox.
- In the Authentication section, fill in the criteria as shown below:
- For Jira Cloud:
- For Jira Data Center (Jira Server):
https://domainwithout any trailing parts, for example,
/secure. Your server URL for Jira Data Center should have a valid SSL certificate.
- For Jira Cloud:
Username: your username or the registered email of the Atlassian account.
Password/API token: The Atlassian Cloud's API token. To learn more about generating API in Atlassian, you can refer to the Atlassian document: Manage Atlassian token for your Atlassian account.
- Click Connect to start the authentication process. A pop-up dialog indicates that the Atlassian account connects successfully.
- After successfully authenticating with Jira, all relevant JIRA Projects and Issue Types will be retrieved and displayed under the Submit Options section. You can specify the default project and the default issue type for submission here.
Field Description Default Jira Project The default Jira project to submit tickets. Default Jira Issue Type The default Jira issue type to create when submitting tickets. Use Test Case name as Summary for Jira ticket To use the test case name as a summary for submitted tickets. Attach Screenshot to Jira ticket To include taken screenshots during test execution in submitted tickets. Attach Log to Jira ticket To include the execution log in submitted tickets.
- Click Apply and Close to complete the Jira integration.
- Jira integration configuration is available in the project scope only. If you want to integrate Jira in another Katalon project, you have to repeat the above steps.
Import BDD custom fields from Jira to Katalon Studio (Applicable to Jira Cloud integration)
This step is necessary if you want to conduct BDD testing with Jira. If you don't run BDD tests or you are integrating Jira Data Center (Jira Server) with Katalon, skip this section and move to Import test cases from Jira to Katalon Studio.
You have configured the Katalon BDD fields in Jira. See: Manage BDD test cases with Jira integration.
- Go to Projects > Settings > Plugin > Jira.
- In the Fetch Options section, check the Enable retrieving content of the specified custom field box.
- Select a custom field from the dropdown list.Note:
- Only the existing custom field ID is valid for this configuration.
- In case you can not find the custom field in the dropdown list, click Fetch Custom Fields to fetch the latest list from the connected Jira Cloud.
- Click Apply and Close to apply your settings.
Import test cases from Jira to Katalon Studio
- From the Katalon toolbar, select Jira > Import Test Case from JIRA JQL. An Import Test Case from JIRA JQL dialog opens.
- In the open dialog, fill the JIRA Query Language (JQL) script of the desired test case in the Jira JQL box. To find out the JQL script of your test case, you can refer to the Atlassian document here: Search for issues using JQL. For example, we want to import test cases from the TDAP project with Bug type and Complete status. After searching for the Jira ticket using the JQL query, copy and paste the JQL script into the Jira JQL box.
- Optional: By default, the Import BDD feature files box is selected. This option allows you to import BDD feature files to run BDD tests. In case you don't want to run BDD tests, uncheck this option.
- Click OK.
- The Test Case Folder Selection dialog opens. Select the destination to store the issues. Click OK.
- A Jira Issues dialog opens. Click OK to import the test case from Jira.Note:
You can only import test cases from a Jira ticket once. You can not repeat this action.
The test case name is the Jira ticket summary/subject.
The test case description is the Jira ticket content.
If you select Import BDD feature file as in step 3, Katalon Studio creates a new corresponding feature file in Include/Feature with the following information:
The feature file name is the same as the test case name.
The scenario in the feature file is the scenario specified in the fetched BDD custom field of the imported Jira ticket.
You can continue to add additional steps in the test case as needed. Then click Run for playback.
If you conduct BDD testing, you can view the results in Katalon TestOps.
Katalon TestOps is an enterprise-ready platform for QA Orchestration, test analytics, and reporting.
Refer to: View BDD test results in Katalon TestOps.