This article shows you how to configure Katalon BDD custom fields in Jira.
Create Katalon BDD fields in Jira
You must have the Jira admin access.
- From Jira settings, select Issues. In the Fields section, select Custom fields > Create custom field.
- Depending on your Jira products: Jira Cloud or Jira Data Center (Jira Server), you need to write your BDD scenarios in different field type:
This custom field lets you write descriptions for your test cases and stories in Gherkin syntax. Gherkin keywords such as
For Jira Data Center (Jira Server): Select Katalon Gherkin.
For Jira Cloud: Select Paragraph (supports rich text).
Thenwill be highlighted automatically.
- Click Next.
- In the new window, provide a name and a description (optional). Then click Create.
- Choose which screens to display and select Update to finish adding your new custom field.
Enable the BDD custom field with the Katalon add-on
- Open your Jira project.
- In the left panel, go to Project settings. Scroll down to the bottom and select Katalon BDD.
- Select the field you have created, then click Add.
- Select issue types to show this field with BDD editor.
- Click Save.
Write BDD scenarios in Jira tickets
- Open a Jira issue.
- Click More (...), select Katalon BDD Fields.
- To edit content in Katalon BDD Field, click Edit (pencil icon) and write a Gherkin content. Make sure the content starts with
- Click Save (check icon).