February 28th, 2024
Added keywords for simulating biometric authentication in mobile testing. See: Biometric authentication.
Updated the latest browser version for Windows, Linux and macOS, with Chrome 121, Firefox 121, Edge 121.
Supported Smart Wait: When Smart Wait is enabled in a project in Katalon Studio, TestCloud can execute test suites of the project with Smart Wait.
Supported Katalon Runtime Engine 9.3 as the latest version in Test Run Scheduler.
History page: Fixed the issue where duplicated profiles are displayed in a row.
History page: Displayed the full list of failed test results Failed Test Result and Sessions, instead of limiting to only 50 items.
January 31st, 2024
Introduced the new History interface that helps users easily track, search, and filter all created test runs. See: View execution history.
Updated the latest browser version for Windows, Linux and macOS, with Chrome 120, Firefox 120, Edge 120, and Safari 17.
Enabled executing tests from uploaded zip repositories.
Users can now run test suite collection in TestCloud with the pre-configured retry setting for each test suite from Katalon Studio.
Mobile testing can be executed successfully with mobile devices that are compatible with Appium 2.x.
Katalon Runtime Engine 9.2 is now available as the latest version in TestCloud.
Fixed broken TestCloud Tunnel Configuration page.
Revised the Test Environments section to display TestCloud environments specific to the current project.
December 6th, 2023
Supported UTF-8 encoding for test scripts. You can now run test scripts that contain special characters in TestCloud in Chrome 119, Firefox 119, and Microsoft Edge 119.
Supported the latest browser versions on Windows, Linux, and macOS, with Chrome 119, Firefox 119, and Microsoft Edge 119.
November 21st, 2023
Added the Camera injection keyword that simulates capturing images in mobile applications. See: Camera Image Injection.
Users can execute test in TestCloud with the latest version of Katalon Runtime Engine (KRE). In the Schedule Test Run dialog, if you select "latest" for KRE version in Advanced Settings, the scheduler will automatically select the latest KRE version that supports your test environments.
Allowed uploading multiple versions of a mobile native application with the same application ID. All the versions of an application are displayed in the Application Repository.
FileExecutorcustom keyword to download and verify files when executing WebUI tests with TestCloud. See: Download and verify files.
October 25th, 2023
- Updated latest browser versions for Windows, Linux and macOS (Chrome 117, 118; Firefox 117, 118; Edge Chromium 117, 118) for TestCloud environment in TestOps and Katalon Studio.
- [TestOps] Users can always see video recording when executing in Linux without enabling Screen Recording from Katalon Studio, regardless it passed or failed.
- [TestOps] When executing tests with Windows, macOS, and mobile environments, users can see proper video recording in the Test Result section.
Addressed the API key expiration:
- Updated API key that saved in TestCloud tunnel configuration to system API key.
- If the user has only expired API key, they can't schedule test or trigger a test run until they has at least one active API key in their API key list.
September 27th, 2023
- Added Chrome 117 on Linux for Cloud Studio test execution.
- Users can identify which video recording belongs to which test case when executing mobile testing.
- Adjusted the default time out value in the Schedule Test Run dialog to 180 minutes.
September 13th, 2023
Update latest browser versions for Windows, Linux and macOS (Chrome 116, Firefox 116, Edge Chromium 116) for TestCloud environment in TestOps and Katalon Studio.
August 30th, 2023
- When executing Cloud Studio test suites in TestCloud environments, users can take screenshot using the
takeScreenshotkeyword then view this screenshot, along with the screenshots in the Files tab of Test Run.
- A screenshot is automatically taken and displayed at every failed test step in log. Users can view screenshots in the Test Result tab of Test Run.
- Renamed Use TestCloud tunnel toggle to Private/Local Testing .
- When the Private/Local Testing toggle is turned on, the status of available TestCloud Tunnel is displayed. If no tunnel is configured, there is a link to navigate to the TestCloud Tunnel setup section.
August 16th, 2023
All Cloud Studio users have 4 TestCloud parallel sessions:
- These sessions are distributed between Cloud Studio test case editor and Cloud Studio test suites execution in TestCloud environment.
- If a user runs out of 4 parallel sessions, the execution with Cloud Studio test suites can be queued but Cloud Studio test cases execution in debug mode (test case editor) won't be created.
- This session limit is independent of Katalon Studio tests.
August 2nd, 2023
- User can execute tests with Cloud Studio test suites stored in the Katalon Cloud default test storage and view test results / reports. See: January 19th 2021.
- Turned off the Repeat toggle by default in the Schedule Test Run dialog. This helps users avoid repeating test runs and exceeding TestCloud quota unintentionally.
July 12th, 2023
You can now select the Web Service option when selecting the execution environment for individual test suites in a test suite collection.
June 21st, 2023
Users can execute tests with TestCloud environments in CI/CD tools using Katalon Runtime Engine (KRE) commands without a KRE license; only TestCloud subscription or trial is required. Executing tests on TestCloud mobile browsers from CI/CD pipelines is limited to test suite collection.
Users can schedule test run in TestCloud environment with the latest browser versions: Chrome (111-114), Firefox (111-114), and Microsoft Edge (111-114) for Windows and Linux; Firefox (111-113) and Microsoft Edge (111) for macOS. See: Supported browsers.
April 25th, 2023
Users can run tests on Edge browser in IE mode with TestCloud environment from TestOps.
March 28th, 2023
Users can schedule test run in TestCloud environment with the latest browser versions of Chrome (108-110) , Firefox (107-110) on Windows, Linux and macOS; Edge Chromium (108-110) on Window and macOS.
- Improved the test scheduling dialog:
Users can see the environments configured for test suites when running a test suite collection.
Users can save or cancel environment configuration.
March 1st, 2023
Enabled scheduling tests on Safari browser from Katalon Studio.
Improved sample mobile test projects for iOS and Android. Users can connect sample mobile projects to run with TestCloud environment in TestOps.
Launched a new interface of the test scheduling dialog in TestOps. The new interface helps improve navigation in test scheduling flow. See: Use TestCloud in TestOps.
December 15th, 2022
Added new versions of Chrome (104-107), Firefox (103-106), and Edge Chromium (104-107) for Windows, Linux, and macOS. See Supported browsers.
Added a banner on the top of the Katalon TestOps page to notify trial users when their TestCloud free trial is about to be expired.
November 29th, 2022
Enabled scheduling tests on macOS from Katalon TestOps.
Enabled scheduling tests on Safari version 10-16 from Katalon TestOps.
Enabled executing tests on Internet Explorer version 11 (IE mode in Microsoft Edge) from Katalon Studio.
Added the option to set desired capabilities for browsers and applications. When executing your test with TestCloud environment on TestOps, these desired capabilities would be applied. See Set desired capabilities for TestCloud environment.
October 3rd, 2022
Introduced the capability to override execution environment of individual test suite when executing a test suite collection. See: Override test environments in a test suite collection.
Introduced Mobile Native App testing, which allows users to upload mobile applications to TestOps and schedule automated mobile tests. See: Run mobile native application tests on TestCloud.
September 5th, 2022
- Introduced the beta version of Mobile Browser Testing that allows you to schedule test on mobile browsers of iOS and Android. See: Run tests on mobile browsers in TestOps.
GA Release - April 6th, 2022
- Enabled scheduling tests on the TestCloud Windows environment from Katalon Studio.
- Enabled scheduling tests in TestCloud headless browsers environment from Katalon TestOps.
- Enabled scheduling tests on websites behind a proxy.
- Removed warning about untrusted files when setting up TestCloud tunnel on macOS/Windows.
- Improved performance and stability when running test suite collections.
- Improved Windows node start-up time by pre-building Selenium Grid Docker Image when building TestCloud AMI instead of downloading the Docker Image every time.
- UI/UX improvement when running TestCloud via Katalon TestOps.
- [Bug] Unauthorized tunnel management API access.
Trial Period - January 20th, 2022
- Introduced TestCloud trial period as the new multi-browser testing environment in Katalon Studio, Katalon TestOps, and Katalon Runtime Engine. See: Integrate TestCloud with TestOps and Integrate TestCloud with Studio.
- Enabled users to use TestCloud tunnel to execute tests in both public and private domains. See: TestCloud tunnel.
- Allowed users to contact Katalon at email@example.com to buy extra usage quota when running out of free trial package quota.
- Supported new versions of Chrome (96, 97), Firefox (95, 96), Microsoft Edge (96, 97).
Enhancements from Beta version
- Stabilized TestCloud tunnel performance for testing in private domains:
- Improved resilience of TestCloud proxy server.
- Queued up the execution if the number of requests exceeds the parallel quota.
- [UI] Displayed the Trial tag for the TestCloud option when scheduling test runs in TestOps.
- [UI] Displayed the TestCloud option when clicking on Run to execute tests in Katalon Studio.