Configure Jira BDD Settings
Katalon Studio provides a free Jira add-on to help create a seamless integration. This add-on gives you several benefits:
- Sync test cases written in Gherkin and test execution results; and query issues based on testing status.
- Dynamic perspectives and an insightful look at your automation testing data.
- Progress tracking for better test management.
- The Katalon Studio and TestOps integration plugin installed in Jira. You can download the plugin from the Atlassian Marketplace website here: Katalon Studio and TestOps integration.
- Jira Integration with Katalon TestOps enabled. To enable Jira Integration with Katalon TestOps, follow the steps in this document: TestOps - Jira Integration.
Only availabe for Jira Server Version
This add-on adds a custom field type to Jira called the Katalon Gherkin custom field. This custom field lets you write descriptions for your test cases and stories in Gherkin syntax. Gherkin keywords such as Given, When, Then will be highlighted automatically.
To create the Katalon Gherkin custom field, please follow the instructions from the Atlassian document here: Project screens, schemes and fields.
Once imported to Katalon Studio, the content of the Katalon Gherkin field is in the test cases description.
You can also add a Katalon BDD custom field into your ticket with Jira Cloud Intergration. Follow these steps:
Create the Katalon BDD custom field
From Jira settings -> Select Issues ->in the FIELDS tab, select Custom fields -> Add custom field.
Select a Field Type: Text Field (multi-line). Remember to associate it with the issue types you want.
In the new custom field window, provide a name and description -> Click Create.
Associate the custom field to multiple screens by checkbox.
Enable the Katalon add-on and custom field
In Project settings -> Scroll down to the bottom then select Katalon BDD -> Select the field you’ve created, then Click Add -> Select issue types to show this field with BDD editor -> Click Save.
Try the BDD editor
In the selected issue, you need to enable the Katalon BDD Fields.
To edit content in Katalon BDD Field, click the pencil icon and write a Gherkin content, then click the check icon. Make sure the content starts with
View Katalon Studio Test Execution Result on Jira
Once Jira is integrated with Katalon Studio and the add-on is enabled in Jira Cloud, a panel called TEST RESULT inside the issue page enables users to directly view the test result. In the new view of the issue page, just click Test Result. The result includes the execution status (PASSED, FAILED, INCOMPLETE, ERROR) and test artifact attachments (e.g. logs, screenshots, etc.).
Note: In Katalon Studio, the test case imported from Jira should be executed in Test Suite to view the test result.