Katalon API key's usage
API keys generated in Katalon TestOps are required in the following circumstances:
Integrating Katalon Studio with Katalon TestOps in console mode. Learn more.
Note: In the command-line generator in Katalon Studio, the command-line options of API Key, including
-apikey=<Your_API_Key>are both accepted.
API Keys can be used for representing a user's credentials to integrate Katalon TestOps with other platforms like Jira and Jenkins, or to create a test environment with CircleCI, AWS EKS, or local Agent.
How to create a new API Key
Create an API key from your Katalon TestOps account:
- Log into Katalon TestOps
- Click on your profile icon
- On the menu tab, select API Key
- In the API Key view, click on the Create API Key button
- In the pop-up, enter a key name and click Create. You have just added a new API key successfully.
- To copy your API key, click on the icon of Copy to clipboard, then paste it in required places.
How to remove an existing API Key
- From the API Key view, click on the Remove button of the key you want to remove
- Click Delete to confirm your removal
Note: This action cannot be undone. Once a key is removed, it cannot be used anymore.