Working with Katalon TestOps OnPremise
Create an Organization
One member of the team can complete these steps to invite all the others to an Organization for working on projects.
Open Katalon TestOps OnPremise server URL, for example, http://192.168.37.109:8080 and log into your account.
On the home page, click Create Organization at the bottom and confirm your action.
You have just created an Organization in which you are the Owner.
In the Organization View, give a name to your Organization. Here is you can also view your Organization ID.
Invite Organization Members
In the Organization view, select Users.
In the Users view, select Invitations.
Invite your members one by one by entering their email addresses. The newly created invitation link is added to the Pending Activations table.
Copy and send the invitation link to that person.
An email with an invitation link attached is sent to the invited email if you have configured Mail Server.
Users are only added to the Organization once they sign in with the newly created account. You can track the invited persons' actions by observing their activation links. For example:
- The activation link of email firstname.lastname@example.org requires this user to update password for the account registered with the email.
- The activation link of email email@example.com indicates the account associated with this email has not accepted the invitation yet.
Click on the invitation link sent to you
You are navigated to a Katalon TestOps view where you need to create and confirm a new password for the account registered with your email.
Click Update password, and you are done with registering your account with Katalon TestOps OnPremise Server.
Sign in with the newly created account to start working on Katalon TestOps.
If you click on the invitation link and encounter this error: "This link has been used to reset password.", it means a password is already updated.
If you click on the invitation link and encounter this error: "Cannot accept the invitation.", please check and sign out the currently signed in account. Then use the invitation link to sign in with the corresponding account.
You can grant the new members organization roles. Learn more.
Create a Team
In the Organization view, select Teams > give a name to your team and click Create. You're the team Owner by default.
Select the newly created team which is displayed in the Team table. In the Team view, you can add members to your team and create projects for them to work on.
Add users to Team
Select the Users tab > add your members to the team one by one by selecting the person in the drop-down list. Please be noted only the users you have invited to the Organization above can be added to this team.
Select Projects > give a name to your project and click Create.
You have had your organization, team, and project. You can start working with Katalon TestOps now.
Reset and Forget Password
If you would like to change your password, please go to your Profile and click Change Password on the upper right corner.
In case a user forgets the password, they can click on Forgot your password in the Sign-in window and follow the instructions to update a new one. However, this solution is only available for the Organizations that have configured Mail Server. For those Organizations without Mail Server configured, we suggest a workaround below.
- Open PgAdmin4
In Windows: go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.6\pgAdmin 4\bin and double-click on PgAdmin4.
PgAdmin4 starts on your browser
Log into the Server by entering the required password of postgres superuser for authentication. This password was created during the setup of PostgreSQL earlier.
Select the kit database, which is owned by the postgres superuser.
Select Schemas > public > Tables
In Tables, locate and right-click on user_account > Scripts > UPDATE Script
Copy and paste the following command in the Query Editor and replace the password and email of the account.
UPDATE public.user_account SET password='<_password_>', password_encrypted=false WHERE email = '<_email_>'
Click on the Execute button on the menu bar.
If a message indicating the query returned successfully shows up, it means you have done updating a new password for the account.
Activate Katalon Studio with KTOP Server
After downloading Katalon Studio, you need to activate it in the Katalon Studio Activation dialog.
- Enter the required information.
- Server URL: the address of your KTOP site that you configured.
- Email and Password: the account you have registered with KTOP Server.
Click Activate to connect with and retrieve Organizations from the KTOP Server.
Select an Organization you would like to work on in the drop-down list. Click OK.
Learn more about the integration between Katalon TestOps and Katalon Studio
Use Katalon Plugins with KTOP Server
Katalon Plugins are to extend Katalon Studio's capabilities and integrate the software with your favorite tools. Together with KTOP and offline features of Katalon Studio Enterprise, using plugins without Internet access is an excellent complimentary feature for you to:
- Install and use all the plugins that are available on Store without the Internet required (Offline Plugins).
- Build your plugins and use them directly in Katalon Studio without publishing on Store (Private Plugins).
Follow the below instructions to install and use those plugins.
To use any plugins published on Store without accessing the Internet, follow these steps:
- Contact Katalon Sales team to get the whole package of Katalon plugins.
- Unzip your downloaded plugin package.
- Move the plugin package to <project_name>/plugins.
- Open Katalon Studio and activate Katalon Studio with KTOP Sever.
- Go to Project > Settings > Plugins and select the below option:
Local: Katalon Studio will install plugins from the Plugins folder only.
If you encounter this message, click Cancel to continue and double-check if you have selected the Local plugin repository in Project > Settings > Plugins.
You can learn more about Private Plugins and how to build them. After having developed a plugin successfully, move the plugin to your project folder <project_name>/plugins.
Katalon Studio treats all offline and private plugins stored in your project folder <project_name>/plugins as local plugins. In Project > Settings > Plugins, specify where Katalon Studio will download plugins.
Configure Mail Server
KTOP is designed exclusively for a restricted network environment. You need to configure a mail server to send and receive email notifications of:
- Managing users at the organization or team level.
- Executing test schedulers.
- Go to KTOP. Refer to this document for how to install and set up KTOP.
- Under an Organization, select Settings tab.
- Provide the information for your mail server.
- Host: the domain name of the mail server.
- Port: the port to be used for that server.
- Username & Password: the account to authenticate with the server.
- Protocol: the protocol to communicate with the mail server.
- Click Update to save and apply your configurations.
Note: You can test the configuration by providing a test recipient and click Send test email.