How to set up Katalon TestOps Organization
This tutorial shows you how to set up an Organization properly in Katalon TestOps, and to create teams and projects. One member of the team can complete these steps to invite all the others to an Organization for working on projects.
You need a Katalon account. Register here if you don't have one.
Create an Organization
Organizations are shared Katalon TestOps accounts where groups of users can collaborate across several projects at once. A user defaults to owning a personal organization and can belong to many organizations.
Log into Katalon TestOps
On the home page, click Create Organization at the bottom and confirm your action
You have just created an Organization in which you are the Owner.
In the Organization View, give a name to your Organization. Here is you can also view your Organization ID.
Organization-level roles and permissions
- Owner - is granted by default when creating a new organization or transferred by other users, who has full permission related to the organization, including teams, users, projects, licenses, plugins, and subscriptions.
- Admin - is granted by the Owner, who has the privileges of the Owner but cannot manage the subscriptions.
- User - is automatically assigned when a person is first invited to collaborate in an organization. Users can only monitor project progress.
- Billing Manager - is granted by the Owner or Admin, who has the privileges of the User with additional permission to manage subscriptions.
Invite a user to the organization
- Only the organization Owner or Admin can invite a user to the organization.
- From Katalon TestOps dashboard, select an organization.
- From Users tab, select Invitations tab.
- Enter an email address and click Invite.
- Copy the activation link and send it to that person.
The invited person accepts the invitation by clicking the activation link directing to Katalon TestOps and then clicking the name of the organization. Before that person accepts the invitation, their email address will be listed in PENDING INVITATIONS. Once the person joins the organization, their name and email address will be shown below the Users tab with the default User role.
The new user can only access projects when added by the team Owner or Admin to a team.
Notes: The Owner/Admin can withdraw the invitation by removing it from PENDING INVITATIONS.
Remove an existing user
Select your organization > from Users tab, click the remove icon in the last column and confirm your action in the pop-up.
Assign Admin or User role
The Admin and Owner can reassign the existing Admin and User to a new role. Select your organization/team > from Users Tab, click the pencil icon in the last column and then select Admin or User role in the drop-down list. A user can have different roles in different teams.
Assign Billing Manager role
Billing Manager role is only available at the organization level and granted by the organization Owner or Admin. Select your organization > from Users Tab, click the pencil icon in the last column and then select Billing Manager role in the drop-down list.
Transfer organization ownership
The Owner and Admin of an organization can transfer the ownership of an Owner to another existing team member.
Select an organization > select Users tab > search for the target user to assign the Owner role.
Click the pencil icon in the last column and then select Owner in the drop-down list.
Note: Transferring Organization ownership does NOT affect Team ownership. The previous Owner still has full permission as a Team Owner to those teams having been created by them before.
Rename an Organization
Only Owner can access this feature.
To rename an Organization, go to your Organization and click on Organization Settings. You can edit the name in the Organization profile section.
Remember to click on Update to save your changes.
Delete an Organization
Only Owner can access this feature.
To delete an Organization, click on Organization Settings.
In the Settings page, you will see Delete this orgainzation option. Click on the button and complete confirmation steps.
This action cannot be undone. This will permanently delete your organization, projects, licenses, and remove all associated teams.