How to set up Katalon TestOps Team and Project
Create a Team
Teams are groups of users that reflect the company's structures. A team is created by either Owner or Admin in an organization. Only members of a team can view and access the projects within that team.
In the Organization view, select Teams > give a name to your team and click Create. You're the team Owner by default.
Add users to Team
Select the Users tab > add your members to the team one by one by selecting the person in the drop-down list. Please be noted only the users you have invited to the Organization above can be added to this team.
Team-level roles and permissions
- Owner - is granted by default when creating new a team or transferred by other users, who has full permission related to the team, including users and projects of their team.
- Admin - is granted by the Owner, who has the privileges of the Owner but cannot transfer the team ownership to an existing team member.
- User - is automatically assigned when a person is first invited to collaborate in a team. Users can only monitor project progress.
Invite a user to the team
- Only the team Owner or Admin can invite a user to the team.
Note: Only the user in an organization can be invited to a team in that organization.
- Select a team, from Users tab in a team, select that person's email in the drop-down list and then click Add to add a user to a team.
- The default role for the invited person is User.
Remove an existing user
Select your team > from Users tab, click the remove icon in the last column and confirm your action in the pop-up.
Assign Admin or User role
The Admin and Owner can reassign the existing Admin and User to a new role. Select your organization/team > from Users Tab, click the pencil icon in the last column and then select Admin or User role in the drop-down list. A user can have different roles in different teams.
Transfer team ownership
The Owner of a team can transfer the ownership to another existing team member.
Select a team > under Users tab, search for the target user to assign the Owner role.
Click the pencil icon in the last column and then select Owner in the drop-down list.
A Katalon TestOps project is a handful of reports generated based on a dataset of automation test results which are imported by users. It would typically represent the development of automation testing work. A project is created only by Admins of a team with a particular name and automatically generated ID. There are many projects in a team.
Select Projects > give a name to your project and click Create.
You have had your organization, team, and project. You can start working with Katalon TestOps now.