Activate Katalon License
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the activation of your Katalon Studio Enterprise (KSE) and Katalon Runtime Engine (KRE) licenses. This guide is for:
- Trial license users.
- Users with internet access.
- Users in offline work environments.
Activate Trial License
From Katalon Studio version 7.0.0 onwards, when you first log in to the Katalon Studio application, the trial license associated with your account is automatically activated and valid for 30 days. Each trial KSE or KRE license is tied to one Katalon account.
First, download and open Katalon Studio. The Katalon Studio Activation automatically pops up. Enter the email and password registered for your Katalon account, then click Activate.
Activate a license with Internet access
- Owner or Admin of your Organization has added you to the Licensed Users list. See: Grant Katalon Licenses.
Activate a KSE license with Internet access
Follow these steps:
- Open Katalon Studio:
If you open Katalon Studio for the first time, the Katalon Studio Activation dialog automatically pops up.
If you are already logged in to a Katalon account in Katalon Studio, click on the Profile button and select Log out.
You are now logged out, and the Katalon Studio Activation dialog appears.
- Log in with the Licensed User account email and password. Click Activate.
Activate a KRE license with Internet access
After the Owner or Admin of your Organization has granted you a KRE license, the license is activated automatically. To use KRE, you need to authenticate your account with your Katalon API key. To view your API key, refer to this guide: API Keys.
- To view details about your current license, see: View License Details.
Activate a license while offline
For offline license activation, follow these steps:
Put your .lic file in the
license folder. With KRE, to execute multiple sessions in parallel, put multiple license files in the
.katalon is a hidden folder. To find the
license folder in your computer, search for:
KRE_<machine_ID>.lic file in the
license folder. Your KRE license is now activated. Every time you start running a test with KRE, KRE automatically verifies that your license file is available and valid.
To activate your KSE license, in the Katalon Studio Activation dialog, click Offline Activation. The Katalon Studio Enterprise Activation dialog appears.
In the License file section, enter the path to your
KSE_<machine_ID>.licfile, or click Browse to navigate to your .lic file.
- For a better experience with Katalon Studio, you can also install our plugins. See Using Plugins with Katalon Studio Enterprise License.
- If you have any activation problems, see Troubleshoot Activation Problems.
- For further instructions on working with KRE, refer to Command Syntax.