Debugging test case
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Debug a test case
Katalon Studio provides the capability for debugging test scripts. Its Debug mode is designed to make debugging easy to use, allowing quickly investigating the issues that cause failure for their automation tests.
The following steps present how to debug a test case:
1. Open a test case and switch to the Script view.
2. Double-click on the leftmost side of the script editor to mark a breakpoint for the step from which you want to start debugging.
3. Choose the browser for Debug from the main toolbar.
4. Confirm (select Yes) when asked to show the Debug perspective.
5. The Debug perspective provides convenient options for debugging purposes. You can:
Navigate execution using commands from the debug toolbar.
|Step into current code block|
|Step over current code block|
|Return from current code block|
|Run to specific line|
Track values of variables using Watch utilities. Where:
|Variables||You can view all variables associated with the current debugged action using Variables View which is similar to Variables View in Eclipse. Refer to this guide for more details.|
|Breakpoints||You can view all breakpoints using Breakpoints View which is similar to Breakpoints View in Eclipse. Refer to this guide for more details.|
|Expressions||You can inspect data using Expressions View which is similar to Expressions View in Eclipse. Refer to this guide for more details.|
6. Stop execution when you complete debugging. Although the debugging mode in Katalon Studio is very similar to that of the popular Eclipse IDE, we manage to retain just enough function to keep the UI clean while providing all the required options to investigate issues when needed. If you have any suggestions or need any support, please send your request here.
Attach Source Code for debugging
Starting from Katalon Studio version 7.0.0, when writing a script or debugging, you can view and interact with the implementation of those components compressed in the
com.kms.katalon.core* packages, including:
You can also go to the source code where you set a breakpoint for debugging test scripts.