Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Go to Katalon Download page to get the latest version of Katalon Studio. A suitable version to your system will be automatically detected and recommended for download. However, you can also select your preferred version on the page. Before diving further into automation testing, check out the System Requirements needed to run Katalon Studio.
Download older versions
In case you want to download older versions of Katalon Studio, please adjust the download link to follows the format below:
- Windows 64: https://download.katalon.com/x.x.x/Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-x.x.x.zip
- Windows 32: https://download.katalon.com/x.x.x/Katalon_Studio_Windows_32-x.x.x.zip
- macOS: https://download.katalon.com/x.x.x/Katalon_Studio.dmg
- Linux 64: https://download.katalon.com/x.x.x/Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-x.x.x.zip
Where x.x.x is the Katalon Studio version. For example, you want to download Katalon Studio 5.4.2:
- Windows 64: https://download.katalon.com/5.4.2/Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.2.zip
- Windows 32: https://download.katalon.com/5.4.2/Katalon_Studio_Windows_32-5.4.2.zip
- macOS: https://download.katalon.com/5.4.2/Katalon_Studio.dmg
- Linux 64: https://download.katalon.com/5.4.2/Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-5.4.2.tar.gz
- If you do Web Testing, make sure to install your preferred web browsers. Refer to the list of supported browsers for more details.
- If you do Mobile Testing, please refers to following guidelines:
In addition to Windows and macOS, Katalon Studio also provides a beta Linux support.
Activate Katalon Studio
After launching Katalon Studio, if you haven’t had an account with Katalon Studio, provide your desired username and password to sign up. If you’ve already had an account, choose the Sign In option and provide your credentials. If you don’t have Internet while activating Katalon Studio, request an offline activation code beforehand. For more details, refer to this guide.
Getting a Sample Project Up and Running
When you use Katalon Studio for the first time, Katalon Studio provides you the option to create New Project or Sample Projects to get familiar with the tool.
- You can also choose to create a new sample project through File > New Sample Project and select your preferred project. Enter the name of your new project and the location to store the project data on your machine.
- When the sample project is loaded, you can view a test case or a test suite through selecting it in the Test Explorer on the left of the UI.
- To execute the script, simply go to the Run command on the Main toolbar.
Note: You can specify the target browser to be launched by selecting from the Run drop-down list.
Katalon Studio will provide a Job Progress tab to show the status of your execution as well as the Log Viewer to let you identify any potential problems occurred.
That’s it! You now can open a project and execute a test using Katalon Studio. You can also modify parts of these provided sample projects to get you familiar with the tool.
Where to Go Next?
Check out our Overview to see the list of all the resources available in this Documentation page and beyond.