Verify if your computer meets the System Requirements to work with Katalon Studio.
Download Katalon Studio
Go to Katalon Download page to get the latest version of Katalon Studio. A suitable version for your system will be automatically detected and recommended for download. However, you can also select your preferred version on the page. Before diving further into automation testing, check out the System Requirements needed to run Katalon Studio.
Download older versions
You can download older versions of Katalon Studio from its Github repository.
Start Katalon Studio
To start Katalon Studio, double-click on the katalon.exe.
Ensure you are using Katalon Studio with the default font size set to 100% in both Katalon Studio and your current OS to avoid the name field not being displayed on some > pop-up windows:
- Windows: https://www.pcworld.com/article/242942/how_to_change_font_size.html
- Katalon Studio: Window → Preferences → General → Appearance → Colors and Fonts. Select Dialog Font and edit its font size.
Katalon Studio (macOS) file in the directory where you unpack Katalon Studio.
For macOS Catalina users
If you currently use macOS Catalina, you have to enable Katalon Studio and Katalon Studio Engine applications in System Preferences/ Security & Privacy/ General.
Once started, the application should display the splash screen similar to the following screenshot:
Activate Katalon Studio
If you don't have an account with Katalon Studio, provide your desired username and password to sign up after launching the app. If you have an account, please read more about licenses and how to activate each license in Katalon Studio Licensing.
Configure Katalon Studio
Configurations for Web UI Testing
If you do Web Testing, make sure to install your preferred web browsers. Refer to the list of supported browsers for more details.
Internet Explorer must be configured to run automation tests on IE. Refer to IE configurations guide.
Configurations for Mobile UI Testing
Getting a Sample Project Up and Running
When you use Katalon Studio for the first time, you have the option to create New Project or Sample Projects to become familiar with the tool.
You can create a new sample project through File > New Sample Project and select your preferred project. Enter the name of your new project and the location to store the project data on your machine.
When the sample project is loaded, you can view a test case or a test suite by selecting it in the Test Explorer on the left of the UI.
- To execute the script, go to the Run command on the Main toolbar. You can specify the target browser to be launched by selecting from the Run drop-down list.
Katalon Studio provides a Job Progress tab to show the status of your execution as well as the Log Viewer to let you identify any potential problems that may have occurred.
That's it! You can now open a project and execute a test using Katalon Studio. You can also modify parts of these provided sample projects to become familiar with the tool.
Where to Go Next?
Katalon TestOps is a set of cloud-based services to help you streamline software quality by continuous test executions and intelligent analytics. As this moment, Katalon TestOps consists of the following services:
- Katalon TestOps Center: the test hub to gather and connect quality data from multiple sources, including Katalon Studio, JUnit, TestNG, and Jira.
- Katalon TestOps CI: the CI for managing test environments and scheduling remote executions on local machines, Kubernetes, and CircleCI. It is designed and built with ease of deployment and configuration in mind to let QAs focus on testing activities.
- Katalon TestOps Reports: provide dynamic perspectives and an insightful look at your automated testing activities.
- Katalon TestOps Vision: the visual-based testing service which is powered by AI to identify new defects on application GUIs quickly.