Import Selenium IDE version 3 projects
In addition to importing Selenium/TestNG/JUnit projects into Katalon Studio, from version 7.5.10 onwards, you can also import a Selenium IDE project for execution with Katalon Studio.
Selenium IDE is an integrated development environment for Selenium tests. It is implemented as a Chrome add-on and Firefox extension, which allows users to record, edit, and debug tests. Katalon Studio supports the latest versions of Selenium IDE projects (v3.x).
This manual shows you how to import a Selenium IDE project to a project in Katalon Studio and how Katalon Studio maps the imported test artifacts. Also, a sample Selenium IDE project is provided for you to try out our newly supported feature.
- Katalon Studio version 7.5.10 onwards
- An active Katalon Studio Enterprise license
Import a Selenium IDE project
In Katalon Studio
Create or open a project
From the menu bar, select File/Import Selenium IDE Project and browse your Selenium IDE file (a single file with a
.sideextension) to open. Please wait for the import progress to complete.
Map Selenium IDE with Katalon Studio test artifacts
A Selenium IDE project contains Tests, Suites, and Executing. Katalon Studio only imports Tests and Suites.
Selenium IDE Suites - Katalon Studio Test Suites
Under Test Suites in Test Explorers, Katalon Studio creates an Imported from Selenium IDE Scripts folder to store the imported suites. Once the import process is done, Katalon Studio open the test suites automatically.
- If your Katalon project already has an Imported from Selenium IDE Scripts folder under Test Suites, the new folder should be Imported from Selenium IDE Scripts (1).
- Katalon Studio does not create an Imported from Selenium IDE Scripts folder under Test Suites if there is no suite in the imported Selenium IDE project.
Selenium IDE Tests - Katalon Studio Test Cases
Under Test Cases in Test Explorers, Katalon Studio creates an Imported from Selenium IDE Scripts/<suite name> folder to store the imported tests.
An imported test case contains a set of Selenium commands recorded by Selenium IDE.
- Supported element locators include identifier, id, name, dom, xpath, link, css, and ui. More details
A sample project for importing a Selenium IDE project to Katalon Studio is available here.