Mobile Testing with Kobiton Devices
You need to install the Kobiton Integration plugin and enable the integration. If you haven't configured the integration yet, please refer to this document for instructions.
Please follow the instructions to execute your Katalon Studio automation test with Kobiton mobile devices.
1. Navigate to Kobiton Portal: https://portal.kobiton.com and log in with your username and password.
2. In Kobiton, upload your app to Kobiton App Repository.
3. From the Repository view, select 'more actions' and select Automation snippet. Copy the app ID (the one in bold, for example, kobiton-store:184 as shown below) and save it.
4. Click on the Devices menu and select your devices by "Mark as favorite".
5. In Katalon Studio, open your mobile test case and switch to the Scripts view. Locate this line of code:
Next, replace the
appPath with the Kobiton App ID saved in Step 3, as shown below:
import static com.kms.katalon.core.testcase.TestCaseFactory.findTestCaseMobile.comment('Story: Verify correct alarm message')Mobile.comment('Given that user has started an application')'Get full directory\'s path of android application' //def appPath = PathUtil.relativeToAbsolutePath(GlobalVariable.G_AndroidApp, RunConfiguration.getProjectDir()) Mobile.startApplication('kobiton-store:184', false) Mobile.comment('And he navigates the application to Activity form') Mobile.tap(findTestObject('Application/android.widget.TextView - App'), 10) Mobile.tap(findTestObject('Application/App/android.widget.TextView-Activity'), 10) Mobile.comment('When he taps on the Custom Dialog button') Mobile.tap(findTestObject('Application/App/Activity/android.widget.TextView-Custom Dialog'), 10) 'Get displayed message on the dialog' def message = Mobile.getText(findTestObject('Application/App/Activity/Custom Dialog/android.widget.TextViewCustomDialog'),10) Mobile.comment('Then the correct dialog message should be displayed') Mobile.verifyEqual(message, 'Example of how you can use a custom Theme.Dialog theme to make an activity that looks like a customized dialog, here with an ugly frame.') Mobile.closeApplication()
6. From the main toolbar, click on the drop-down menu of Run, and select the option to run with Kobiton Device.
7. On the Kobiton Favorite Devices screen, a list of Favorite Devices from Step 4 will be displayed in Device Name.
Select your preferred device and click Ok.
You can also modify this list by updating your Favorite Devices from https://portal.kobiton.com/devices.
8. Once Katalon Studio is finished, automation test execution will be uploaded to Kobiton. Navigate to Sessions menu to view: