Activate Katalon Studio
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
After installing Katalon Studio, you will be asked to activate it. There are two ways of activating Katalon Studio: online and offline activations.
Activating Katalon Studio
You need to create a Katalon Account and specify your Organization to log in to Katalon Studio.
Notes: If you don't have an account, click here to sign up, or you can register for one right inside Katalon Studio by clicking Register. Once you have signed up successfully, Katalon Studio will automatically be activated.
Follow these steps to activate Katalon Studio:
- Enter the email and password registered for your Katalon account then click Activate.
- You are navigated to your own organization, or you can select one of the organizations you belong to in the drop-down list, click OK.
- You're recommended to install the plugins for a better experience with Katalon Studio.
- Open an existing project or create a new one in Katalon Studio.
- In Katalon TestOps Integration pop-up window:
- Select a team in the configured organization that you have permission to access.
- Select a project under that team you’d like to work on or create your own one if you have permission.
Configuring proxy for online activation
If you're behind a Proxy Server, you'll need to configure the proxy settings before activating Katalon Studio. Click Config Proxy at the bottom of the Activation dialog box. In the Proxy Settings dialog box, you can select one of three options below.
- Use system proxy configuration: Katalon Studio tries to guess which proxy server your system is behind and sync with these settings.
- No proxy: there's no proxy.
- Manual proxy configuration: you can manually set up your proxy.
Troubleshooting a common problem when activation
"Network error! Please try Offline Activation"- This error message indicates Katalon Studio's application cannot communicate with Katalon server to activate it.
Please check your Internet connection and try again. If you are behind a Proxy Server, please Config Proxy first and try to activate Katalon Studio again.
Activating Katalon Studio Enterprise
You need a license to activate Katalon Studio Enterprise that can work without an Internet connection. A machine ID is required for generating a license. In Katalon Studio Activation pop-up window, click Activate Katalon Studio Enterprise:
Generate a license: To generate a license in Katalon TestOps, access your organization, navigate to the License tab, insert a Machine ID, then click Create.
Locate the generated license: To use a license, click the Download button, the license will be downloaded as a
license.licfile. Then click Choose file in Product Offline Activation to locate the downloaded license file.
Currently, the Katalon Studio Enterprise users can use private plugins as an alternative option of using plugins from Katalon Store.
Activating Katalon Studio Enterprise trial license
You need to generate a trial license for Katalon Studio Enterprise before activating it. Each trial license of Katalon Studio Enterprise is bound to each machine.
- Navigate to your Katalon TestOps profile.
Notes: Only the organizational owner can access an organizational profile.
- Select the License tab, enter a machine ID to create a trial license for it. Download the newly created license.
Notes: Machine ID is granted for each computer installing Katalon Studio. In Katalon Studio Activation pop-up window, click Activate Katalon Studio Enterprise, you can view and copy your machine ID.
- In Activate Katalon Studio Enterprise pop-up dialog, locate the license file you have just downloaded in step 2. Click Activate.
Activating in Console mode
You need a license key that grants you permission to run Katalon Studio from the command line. Before executing Katalon Studio, call the license key by the command-line argument as follows:
licenseFile= [the path to the license key file].