Activate Katalon Studio
After installing Katalon Studio, you will be asked to activate it. If you currently use a Katalon Studio Enterprise license, refer to Activate Katalon Studio Enterprise.
Every Katalon account is eligible for 30-day trials of Katalon Studio Enterprise and Runtime Engine. When your trial period expires, you need to subscribe to the paid license of each product to continue using it, or the Katalon Studio free license is automatically activated. At any time, you can upgrade the free Katalon Studio to Katalon Studio Enterprise with a paid license without the need to re-download.
You need to create a Katalon Account and specify your Organization to log in to Katalon Studio.
Notes: If you don't have an account, click here to sign up, or you can register for one right inside Katalon Studio by clicking Register. Once you have signed up successfully, Katalon Studio will automatically be activated.
Follow these steps to activate Katalon Studio:
- Enter the email and password registered for your Katalon account then click Activate.
- You are navigated to your own organization, or you can select one of the organizations you belong to in the drop-down list, click OK.
- You're recommended to install the plugins for a better experience with Katalon Studio.
- Open an existing project or create a new one in Katalon Studio.
- In Katalon TestOps Integration pop-up window:
- Select a team in the configured organization that you have permission to access.
- Select a project under that team you’d like to work on or create your own one if you have permission.
Configuring proxy for online activation
If you're behind a Proxy Server, you need to configure the Authentication proxy settings before activating Katalon Studio. Click Configure Authentication Proxy at the bottom of the Activation dialog box.
In the Proxy Settings dialog box, you can select one of three options below.
- Use system proxy configuration: Katalon Studio tries to guess which proxy server your system is behind and sync with these settings.
- No proxy: there's no proxy.
- Manual proxy configuration: you can manually set up your proxy.
Troubleshooting common issues with network
"Cannot connect to Katalon TestOps server. Please check your Internet connection and try again."- This error message indicates Katalon Studio's application cannot communicate with the Katalon server to activate it.
Please check your Internet connection and try again. If you are behind a Proxy Server, please configure Authentication Proxy first and try to activate Katalon Studio again.
For Enterprise users with a private network, you may encounter a situation where you fail to execute test scripts or integrate Katalon Studio due to the network security error. Please contact your IT team to whitelist the following domains:
- katalon-test.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com (used for uploading reports to Katalon TestOps)
CAPTCHA is required when a user enters an incorrect password for 5 consecutive times. At that time, you should log into Katalon TestOps with that account and enter the captcha. After that, you should be able to activate Katalon Studio normally.
Katalon TestOps is a set of cloud-based services to help you streamline software quality by continuous test executions and intelligent analytics. As this moment, Katalon TestOps consists of the following services:
- Katalon TestOps Center: the test hub to gather and connect quality data from multiple sources, including Katalon Studio, JUnit, TestNG, and Jira.
- Katalon TestOps CI: the CI for managing test environments and scheduling remote executions on local machines, Kubernetes, and CircleCI. It is designed and built with ease of deployment and configuration in mind to let QAs focus on testing activities.
- Katalon TestOps Reports: provide dynamic perspectives and an insightful look at your automated testing activities.
- Katalon TestOps Vision: the visual-based testing service which is powered by AI to identify new defects on application GUIs quickly.