Manage Katalon Licenses
After successfully subscribing to Katalon licenses, the Organization Owner and Admins can start granting licenses to your users immediately. For more details about roles and default permission, please view this document.
- The Licenses view of your Organization on Katalon Admin is the workspace to manage Katalon licenses.
- Only Organization Owner and Admins can view, create, assign, revoke, and transfer licenses.
Verify and View Licenses Information
Please follow these steps to verify the information of your subscribed licenses and contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help. You can also view the number of available licenses and machines.
- Log into Katalon Admin
- Select your Organization > Licenses
- Select a Katalon product to open its view
- The product view displays the following information:
- Subscribed Licenses- license quota that you have purchased.
- Available Licenses- the remaining licenses after the subscribed license quota subtracts the total number of offline licenses created and currently active online licenses.
Available licenses = Subscribed licenses quota – (Offline licenses + Active online licenses)
- Machine Quota is equal to the license quota.
- Registered Users- the users are allowed to use Katalon Studio Enterprise licenses. (This list only displays in the Katalon Studio Enterprise view.)
- Online Licenses- active machines that are using online licenses.
- Offline Licenses- machines to which an offline license binds.
- Registered Machines display a list of machines that have used either online or offline license.
Manage and Assign Licenses
We provide different tutorials on how to grant and use different licenses:
- Grant Online Licenses describes how to grant permission of using the subscribed licenses of both Katalon Studio Enterprise and Katalon Runtime Engine
- Katalon Studio Enterprise: How to grant and use an Offline License
- Katalon Runtime Engine: How to grant and use an Offline License
Revoke and Transfer Licenses
Only online licenses of Katalon Studio Enterprise and Katalon Runtime Engine are transferable among the organization's registered users as long as the active licenses do not exceed the license quota.
You can revoke a Katalon Studio Enterprise license from a user by removing the user from the Registered Users list. You can do the same for a registered machine.
How to View License Details
Users can view the license's details that they are using. From the main menu of Katalon Studio:
- macOS: Katalon Studio > About Katalon Studio
- Windows/Linux: Help > About
Configure Idle Timeout
Introduced in version 7.8 and applicable to the online Katalon Studio Enterprise (KSE) license only.
With this function, you can optimize the usage of KSE licenses by setting a time restriction for users to have no interactions with Katalon Studio. This setting impacts all KSE users in this organization, which means a KSE user will sign out automatically when they take no actions in the app.
On Katalon Admin:
To enable timeout setting for license usage, please do as follows:
- Log into Katalon Admin
- Select your Organization > select Timeout
- In the displayed Idle Timeout Settings screen, Katalon turns off the idle timeout by default, click on the switch button to enable the setting.
- Specify the desired timeout (in minutes). By default, Katalon sets 120 minutes as the timeout period.
- Click Update to save your setting.
In Katalon Studio:
When this setting is applied, if the users in that organization have been idle for the specified minutes, they will log out automatically. Katalon Studio will send a notification to the user before the automatic signout.