Katalon OnPremise License Server
Katalon OnPremise License Server is designed to be installed at a location that is accessible from a customer’s network, and be configured with licenses obtained from Katalon.
Katalon OnPremise license server are provided from Katalon team as downloadable packages and license files, and installed into the license server through its management interface.
This is a server built based on Katalon OnPremise platform.
- If you are KSE subscribers, the platform will be deployed as an OnPremise License Server.
- If you Katalon TestOps subscribers, the platform will be deployed as Katalon TestOps OnPremise.
Install and set up on your machine privately (within your internal network). Learn more
Manage users & organizations. Learn more
Manage accounts (login, change & reset password). Learn more
Configure mail server to send and receive notification about projects. Learn more
Activate Katalon Studio with OnPremise license server. Learn more
Use Katalon plugins with OnPremise license server. Learn more
|Operating System||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Linux (Ubuntu based)|
|CPU||Minimum: 2 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor|
Minimum: 8 GB RAM (64-bit)
|Hard Drive||At least 40 GB available hard disk space.|
Install and setup a server
- Download PostgreSQL Database version 9.6.16
- For integration, Katalon Studio version should be 7.2.2
- Contact Katalon team to get the Katalon licensing server package and a license file (.lic file) to activate the licensing server.
Install and create a PostgreSQL database
PostgreSQL database is where you manage all data, including Organizations, Teams, and user accounts used in the server. Please first download PostgreSQL Database version 9.6.16.
- Run the PostgreSQL installer and follow the PostgreSQL Setup Wizard.
Create a password for the database superuser (postgres)
Select the port number the server should listen on
After installation, open PgAdmin which starts on your browser.
Sign in with the superuser's password.
Create a database named kit.
Note: You can use the default superuser postgres or create another Login role with the superuser's privileges.
Install Katalon licensing server
Contact Katalon Sales team to get the package and license file. We recommend installing the versions that are compatible with your operating system (only Linux and Windows are supported).
- Run the installer and follow the Setup Wizard.
Destination directory – this is where KTOP will be installed in your machine
TCP ports – these are the HTTP connector and control ports that KTOP will run on. You're recommended to use the default ports unless you're running another application on the same port.
Database URL – the JDBC URL for your database.
Server URL - the address of your KTOP site. Syntax: http://
: E.g., http://localhost:8080
The server will start on your browser once the installation completes with the Activate screen. You will receive a license file which is used to activate the server as below:
After activation, you will be asked to create a default account.
Sign in using the default account.
Now, you are at the server Dashboard. You can begin with creating a new organization and inviting your members to join.
Create an Organization
One member of the team can complete these steps to invite all the others to an Organization for working on projects.
Open Katalon OnPremise license server URL, for example, http://192.168.37.109:8080 and log into your account.
On the home page, click Create Organization at the bottom and confirm your action.
You will be an Owner of the organization that you have created by default.
- In the Organization View, give a name to your Organization. You can also view your Organization ID here.
Invite Organization Members
As an Owner/Admin, you can invite others to join your organization.
In the Organization view, select Users.
In the Users view, select Invitations.
Invite your members one by one by entering their email addresses. The newly created invitation link is added to the Pending Activations table.
Copy and send the invitation link to that person.
An email with an invitation link attached is sent to the invited email if you have configured Mail Server.
Users are only added to the Organization once they sign in with the newly created account. You can track the invited persons' actions by observing their activation links.
As an invited person who has been invited by an Owner/Admin, you can join an organization once you accepted an invitation.
Click on the invitation link sent to you
You are navigated to a Katalon TestOps view where you need to create and confirm a new password for the account registered with your email.
Click Update password, and you are done with registering your account with Katalon TestOps OnPremise Server.
Sign in with the newly created account to start working on Katalon TestOps.
If you click on the invitation link and encounter this error: "This link has been used to reset password.", it means a password is already updated.
If you click on the invitation link and encounter this error: "Cannot accept the invitation.", please check and sign out the currently signed in account. Then use the invitation link to sign in with the corresponding account.
You can grant the new members organization roles. Learn more.
Reset and Forget Password
If you would like to change your password, please go to your Profile and click Change Password on the upper right corner.
In case a user forgets the password, they can click on Forgot your password in the Sign-in window and follow the instructions to update a new one. However, this solution is only available for the Organizations that have configured Mail Server. For those Organizations without Mail Server configured, we suggest a workaround below.
- Open PgAdmin4
In Windows: go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.6\pgAdmin 4\bin and double-click on PgAdmin4.
PgAdmin4 starts on your browser
Log into the Server by entering the required password of postgres superuser for authentication. This password was created during the setup of PostgreSQL earlier.
Select the kit database, which is owned by the postgres superuser.
Select Schemas > public > Tables
In Tables, locate and right-click on user_account > Scripts > UPDATE Script
Copy and paste the following command in the Query Editor and replace the password and email of the account.
UPDATE public.user_account SET password='<_password_>', password_encrypted=false WHERE email = '<_email_>'
Click on the Execute button on the menu bar.
If a message indicating the query returned successfully shows up, it means you have done updating a new password for the account.
Activate Katalon Studio with Katalon OnPremise License Server
After downloading Katalon Studio, you need to activate it in the Katalon Studio Activation dialog.
- Enter the required information.
- Server URL: the address of your License Server site that you configured.
- Email and Password: the account you have registered with License Server.
- Click Activate to connect with and retrieve Organizations from the License Server.
- Select an Organization you would like to work on in the drop-down list. Click OK.
Learn more about the integration between Katalon TestOps and Katalon Studio.
Configure Mail Server
Katalon OnPremise License Server is designed exclusively for a restricted network environment. You need to configure a mail server to send and receive email notifications of:
- Managing users at the organization or team level.
- Executing test schedulers.
- Go to the server. Refer to this document for how to install and set up on the OnPremise server.
- Under an Organization, select Settings tab.
- Provide the information for your mail server.
- Host: the domain name of the mail server.
- Port: the port to be used for that server.
- Username & Password: the account to authenticate with the server.
- Protocol: the protocol to communicate with the mail server.
- Click Update to save and apply your configurations.
Note: You can test the configuration by providing a test recipient and click Send test email.
Use Katalon Plugins with Katalon OnPremise License Server
Katalon Plugins are to extend Katalon Studio's capabilities and integrate the software with your favorite tools. Together with Katalon OnPremise License Server and offline features of Katalon Studio Enterprise, using plugins without Internet access is an excellent complimentary feature for you to:
- Install and use all the plugins that are available on Store without the Internet required (Offline Plugins).
- Build your plugins and use them directly in Katalon Studio without publishing on Store (Private Plugins).
Follow the below instructions to install and use those plugins.
To use any plugins published on Store without accessing the Internet, follow these steps:
- Contact Katalon Sales team to get the whole package of Katalon plugins; or download plugin packages directly from Store.
- Unzip your downloaded plugin package.
- Move the plugin package to <project_name>/plugins.
- Open Katalon Studio and activate Katalon Studio with OnPremise License Sever.
- Go to Project > Settings > Plugins and select the below option:
Local: Katalon Studio will install plugins from the Plugins folder only.
If you encounter this message, click Cancel to continue and double-check if you have selected the Local plugin repository in Project > Settings > Plugins.
You can learn more about Private Plugins and how to build them. After having developed a plugin successfully, move the plugin to your project folder <project_name>/plugins.
Katalon Studio treats all offline and private plugins stored in your project folder <project_name>/plugins as local plugins. In Project > Settings > Plugins, specify where Katalon Studio will download plugins.