Set up an On-Premises License Server
Only applicable to users with an On-Premises package.
For existing On-Premises users, contact our Sales team at email@example.com for data migration.
The Katalon On-Premises License Server allows installation at the client's network location.
The License Server allows you to activate Katalon Studio offline.
To acquire the Katalon On-Premises License Server, contact our Sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following features are available for users of a Katalon Studio On-Premises License Server:
- Private installation and setup (within your internal network).
- User and organization management.
- License management.
- Katalon Studio subscription.
|Operating System||MacOS, Windows, Linux (Ubuntu based)|
Minimum 8 GB
|Hard Drive||At least 40 GB available hard disk space.|
The current On-Premises License Server does not support M1 chip (macOS).
Set up Docker
- To install Docker for Windows, see Install Docker Desktop for Windows (Hyper-V should be enabled).
- To install Docker for MacOS, see Install Docker Desktop for Mac.
Install and setup an On-Premises License Server (for Windows)
Install and create a PostgreSQL database
PostgreSQL database is where you manage all data including organizations, teams, and user accounts used in the server.
Follow these steps:
Download PostgreSQL database.
Run the PostgreSQL installation and follow the PostgreSQL setup instructions.
Create a password for the database superuser (postgres).
Select the port number the server should listen on.
After installation, open PgAdmin on your browser.
Sign in with the superuser's password.
Create a database named kit.
Create a database named k1.
You can use the default PostgreSQL superuser or create another login role with the superuser's privileges.
Install and set up the Katalon License Server
Contact our Sales team at email@example.com for the On-Premises package and license file. We recommend you install the version that is compatible with your operating system.
- Run the Katalon License Server installer and follow the setup instructions.
Destination directory: the location where the License Server is installed in your machine.
TCP ports: the HTTP connector and control ports which the License Server runs on.
We recommend you use the default ports (unless you're running another application on the same port).
Database URL: the JDBC URL for your database.
Server URL: the address for the License Server's site (e.g., http://localhost:8080).
After completing the installation, the server starts on your browser.
Activate the server with the license file you have received.
Create a root user to login.
Sign in using the newly-created account.
You have set up the server successfully.
Install and setup an On-Premises License Server (for MacOS)
Follow these steps:
Install the Katalon License Server.
Edit the pg_hba.conf file and add the following entry.
Create a database.
docker run --name postgres -dp 5432:5432 -e POSTGRES_PASSWORD=admin postgres:alpine
Create the database kit in DBeaver.
Create the database k1 in DBeaver.
Edit .env file.
LICENSE_SERVER_VERSION=latest LICENSE_SERVER_PORT=80 DB_HOST=192.168.250.103 DB_PORT=5432 DB_USERNAME=postgres DB_PASSWORD=admin LICENSE_SERVER_URL=http://192.168.250.103
Use the following commands to run.
Load image docker load -I images.tar.gz Start image docker-compose up -d. Unload image docker-compose down
Activate the License Server.
Activate Katalon Studio offline
You have downloaded Katalon Studio.
You need to activate the License Server in the Katalon Studio Activation dialog.
- Open the Katalon Studio Activation dialog in Katalon Studio.
- Fill in the required information.
- In the Server URL section, enter the address of your License Server's site that you have configured.
- In the Email and Password sections, enter the account you have registered with the Katalon On-Premises License Server.
- Click Activate to connect with your License Server and retrieve your organizations.
- Select an Organization you want to work on, then click OK.