Starting from version 7.0.0, you need a license to activate and use one of the Katalon Studio products, including Katalon Studio Enterprise (KSE), Katalon Studio (KS), and Katalon Runtime Engine (KRE).
This section provides information on the licensing system of Katalon. You will find description of Katalon products and their available license types.
Katalon Studio Enterprise
KSE license is named license, meaning:
- One license is exclusively assigned to one Katalon account/user.
- One account can be activated/used on one machine at a time.
- Licenses are transferable.
- License activation and validation require an internet connection.
Katalon Runtime Engine
KRE license can be a node-locked or DevOps license. When running from the command-line interface (CLI), one working session accounting for one license equals to a conducted process. Learn more about the use cases of KRE.
This license type is applied to local desktops or workstations with fixed hardware specifications (machine-blocked license):
- Virtual machine with fixed machine ID
- Physical machine
The number of licenses to acquire should be based on the number of execution machines.
- A license is linked to a single machine ID and for one execution session.
- A machine can be mapped to multiple licenses (if needed).
- The license can be transferred to a new machine for an online environment. For the offline environment, once converted, the license cannot be transferred to another machine until it is expired.
This license allows both online and offline activation for annual subscriptions. With monthly subscriptions, only online activation is allowed.
This license type is applied to cloud or virtual machines with dynamic hardware specifications (to execute tests in Docker, Azure, AWS). This kind of license provides Enterprise users license mobility when there is no machine quota. The number of licenses to acquire should be based on the maximum number of parallel sessions that you plan to execute.
Only online activation is allowed.
This license type is applied to all types of execution environments.
- One license is assigned to one execution session.
- The license can be shared across multiple accounts/machines.
Only online activation is allowed. If you want to activate offline, you need to have a TestOps OnPremise package.