Run Test Case with an external data source
Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Import an Excel file to Test Data
Refer to this article to learn how to create a new Excel Test Data in Katalon Studio.
Data from the selected Excel file will be populated into the preview section as the below example.
Create a new Test Suite with Test Case Variables
Open a Test Suite, then select option Add from command toolbar.
All test cases in Katalon Studio will be displayed in the Test Case Browser dialog. The selected test case will be added in the test case list like this following example.
Manage Data Binding
- Click on Show Data Binding to load the data details from the selected test case.
The Data Binding Section with Test Data table and Variable Binding will be displayed as follows:
- In the expanded Data Binding section, select Add. Then select the data for your test case to continue. The selected test data will be added to the list accordingly.
Bind Variables to Test Data
- Select all data and choose Set Type, then set them as Data Column.
- Click on Set Test Data to decide which test data from the list to be used for execution.
- Click on Value cell to specify the data field of test data to be used.
Let’s have a look at the following example:
After finishing all these steps above, run the test case and you will see the result as following: