Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
This feature has been moved to Slack integration plugin for Katalon Studio.
You can receive Katalon Studio notifications for Slack by enabling Slack Integration. This setting is available at Window > Katalon Studio Preferences > Katalon > Team Collaboration.
Check on the Using Slack checkbox. The entire screen will be changed to editable mode. Where:
Field Description Authentication Token The authentication token to make the connection to your Slack's account. Follow this help to obtain the Slack authentication token. Channel/Group The channel/group of Slack to get messages regarding activities from Katalon Studio. Post the message as the authenticated user Katalon Studio will use your Slack username when posting messages to Slack. Bot Username You can provide another name here which Katalon Studio will use instead of your Slack username.
Provide all the required information above and click Test Connection. If the connection from Katalon Studio to your Slack team space is successfully established, you can verify as below:
The Send message to Slack when displays all the actions in Katalon Studio, that will result in sending notifications to Slack.
Select your preferred actions to get the notification and click OK to save Slack configuration.
All the above preferences are saved into the file "com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.slack.prefs" under the "config\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings" location in your Katalon Studio build folder. You can manually modify the values in this file to change how Katalon Studio works with Slack.
Obtain Slack authentication token
Follow the steps below to obtain the Slack authentication token:
- Open your web browser and log in your Slack team space. Navigate to Slack API App to create a Katalon Studio app which is a chat bot to send notification to your Slack Work Space. Read more about Slack App here.
- Click on OAuth & Permissions on the left menu to get the Token and define Scopes to the chat bot. An authentication token will be generated. For example:
- Select the desired Scopes for the app. Once finished, copy the OAuth Access Token to Katalon Studio Slack integration setting.
- Click Test Connection in Katalon Studio
Verify posted messages in Slack
You can verify whether the messages are correctly sent to your Slack team space from your Katalon Studio, as below:
- Assume that Katalon Studio is configured to send a notification whenever a test case is created.
- Create an empty test case.
- Navigate to your chosen Slack channel/group, a message posted from Katalon Studio should be displayed.