Update or Replace Web Browser Drivers and Selenium
Estimated reading time: 1 minute
For manually replacing and updating other versions of WebDrivers and Selenium, please refer to this guide.
Katalon Studio team strongly suggest users NOT to manually replace or update any WebDrivers. Any changes in drivers may cause runtime bugs for Katalon Studio application.
How to Replace
For Katalon Studio v5.1.0 and later
- Download the desired Selenium version here. (Select only Selenium 3.0+ and higher version than 3.7.1)
- Delete existing selenium-server-standalone-3.x.jar
- Copy preferred driver into this folder
<Katalon Studio folder>\configuration\resources\lib
- Download preferred Chromedriver here.
- Copy downloaded Chromedriver and paste into Katalon Studio folder
You can use 32-bit Windows Chromedriver for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
- <Katalon Studiofolder>\configuration\resources\drivers\chromedriver_win32
- <Katalon Studiofolder>\configuration\resources\drivers\chromedriver_win64
Firefox (Gecko Driver)
Download preferred Gecko Driver here.
Copy downloaded Gecko driver and paste into Katalon Studio folder
- <Katalon Studio folder>\configuration\resources\drivers\firefox_win32
- <Katalon Studio folder>\configuration\resources\drivers\firefox_win64
Download preferred IEDriver here.
- /Applications/Katalon Studio.app/Contents/Eclipse/configuration/resources/lib
- /Applications/Katalon Studio.app/Contents/Eclipse/configuration/resources/drivers/chromedriver_mac
- /Applications/Katalon Studio.app/Contents/Eclipse/configuration/resources/drivers/firefox_mac