- Support Microsoft Edge (Chromium) on both Windows and macOS
- [Windows] Support parameterizing Windows test objects. Learn more.
- Add a Notification icon
- Support configuring
Delay Between Actionsin milliseconds in Execution settings
- Enhance UI
- Include the
TestObjectclass in Katalon API Documents
- Bug: [Runtime Engine] An issue of counting the number of execution processes
- Bug: [Windows] An issue of debugging Windows test scripts
- Bug: [Kobiton Integration] An issue of not displaying error message for invalid account
- Bug: [BDD]
runFeatureFolderthrows exception when tests fail
- Bug: An issue of configuring the port of Mail Server in Email settings
- Bug: [API] Unable to send a request in macOS or Linux if its HTTP body uses
filewith relative path on Windows machine
You can download Katalon Studio version 7.2.7 here.
- Bug: [BDD]
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundErrorthrown when running a feature file
- Bug: An issue of Smart Wait preventing request state in XMLHttpRequest from being read
- Bug: Fail to activate Katalon Studio Enterprise with Katalon accounts registered with unconventional domains such as
- Bug: [Desktop Apps Testing] An issue of losing Windows test objects when users drag and drop their folders.
- Bug: [Desktop Apps Testing] An issue with automatically updating Windows test objects' references in Test Scripts after a drag and drop.
- Bug: [Desktop Apps Testing] Cannot identify Windows test objects by relative path.
- Bug: [Desktop Apps Testing] Cannot create a new item with a right-click on a Windows object.
- Bug: [Desktop Apps Testing] Cannot edit a Windows object's property.
- Bug: [Mobile Testing] A performance issue of the
setSliderValuekeyword when testing with a Sauce Labs device.
- Bug: [Mobile Testing] Fail to recognize iPad device and create a new remote session with iPad simulator.
- Business Support Service
- [Web Service] Support configuring Content Type in HTTP Header separately from HTTP Body. Learn more.
- [Kobiton Integration] Allow customizing Kobiton Server URL in Katalon Studio Preferences.
- Enhance Smart Wait's performance during test executions.
- Bug: An issue related to a failure of Swagger's importing multiple requests without operation ID.
- Bug: An issue where Click step passes but no actual action is performed.
- Support editing JVM parameters in Execution Settings. Learn more.
- Bug: Cannot send SOAP Request due to failure in parsing WSDL definition
- [Web Testing] Support image-based object recognition. Learn more
- Allow activating Katalon Studio with Katalon TestOps OnPremise Server's licenses
Version 7.2.0 - 7.2.1
- New Windows keywords:
- New Mobile keywords:
- Support adding Proxy Exceptions in Proxy Preferences and
-proxy.excludesoption in console mode.
- [Mobile Recorder] Implement the following actions: Get Text, Swipe, and Scroll To Text.
Changes and Improvements
- Support ChromeDriver version 79.
- Add Profiles to Test Suite Collection Report.
- [Mobile- iOS] Support Install Dependencies and Install WebDriverAgent tools on the main menu. Please be noted that you have to install homebrew manually.
- [Command Syntax] Support both
- Make the
DriverFactory.changeWebDriver()method a public method.
- Support Open containing folder for Folders in Test Explorer.
- Bug: [Windows] An issue related to creating a project.
- Bug: An issue related to saving Web Service Message.
- Bug: Empty result tab after a Test Suite execution.
- Bug: Test Script lost parens in method call after editing some steps.
- Bug: [KRE] an issue related to the
- Bug: [Web] Cannot set a timeout in Wait for options.
- Bug: [Web Service Request] an issue related to saving HTTP Header.
- Release Katalon TestOps OnPremise.
- Support creating testing licenses to verify machine ID when creating offline licenses on Katalon TestOps.
- [Katalon TestOps] Support Billing Manager role for being in charge of subscription. Learn more.
- Support naming test artifacts, including Test Case, Test Object, Test Data File, Test Suite, Test Suite Collection, and Checkpoint with UTF-8 characters.
- Automatically update keywords' references in other custom keyword classes when renaming or drag-and-dropping a custom keyword.
Changes and Improvements
- [Web Service] Support all file types of the form-data option in HTTP Body when creating a POST request.
- [Web Service] Support API responses in other languages.
- Auto-healing Smart Xpath becomes a built-in feature of Katalon Studio Enterprise. For standard Katalon Studio users who have already subscribed to this plugin, please contact Katalon team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Display a progress dialog when adding a bulk number of Test Cases to a Test Suite.
- Handle SVG elements and add a context menu during Spying to capture objects.
- [KRE] Improve running multiple projects with multiple sessions concurrently.
- Support turning off Smart Wait with both global and local settings. Learn more.
- [Web Service] Support redirection in POST request and 308 status code.
- Tips: You're recommended to open large HAR files with other tools than Katalon Studio or keep those files not too large for Katalon Studio to read it.
- Bug: Test Suite result is incorrect if a called test case gets failed when log test steps is disabled.
- Bug: Web Recorder does not generate XPath locators for SVG elements.
- Bug: [Mobile] Cannot run a browser test on Android device using Appium 1.15.0+.
- Bug: Cannot create a new project when failing to read Sample Projects.
- Bug: Cannot execute test scripts having import paths containing wildcard character (
- Bug: Cannot start a browser when running with an iOS simulator.
- Bug: NullPointerException when using Katalon Studio for the first time.
- Bug: Cannot read variables in a custom profile if executing a test suite collection remotely.
- Bug: Cannot execute test scripts that have Global Variables' names containing the
- Bug: An issue related to saving changes in Test Case Variable View.
- Bug: Katalon Studio does not read proxy configuration during Recording.
- Bug: Web Recorder simultaneously generates
NavigateToUrlkeyword and action of an element.
Version 7.0.0- 7.0.10
- Support Close and Clean up item in Project menu for closing the project and removing the following items:
- Support manually uploading Test Suite Collections' results to Katalon TestOps.
- Support connecting to Git with SSH. Learn more
- Allow configuring the usage tracked by Katalon Studio. Learn more.
- Support data-driven testing with additional database sources. Learn more.
- Support attaching Katalon Studio's source code for debugging. Learn more.
- Support customizing Test Explorer. Learn more.
- Support Test Objects refactoring. Learn more.
- Support Custom Keywords refactoring. Learn more.
- Support private plugins. Learn more.
- Support Windows 10 desktop application testing. See Windows Desktop Apps Test Design.
- Support sharing test artifacts across projects. Learn more.
- Support Smart Wait function in a script and a project. See [WebUI] Smart Wait Function.
- Support the WinAppDriver installation and
Terminate running WebDriversoptions in Katalon Studio Tools.
- Support WebDriver event listeners. Learn more.
- Support customizing the Console log. Learn more.
- Support Cucumber keywords executing one or multiple feature files with tags. Learn more about runFeatureFileWithTags and runFeatureFolderWithTags.
Changes and Improvements
- [Web Service] Encode special characters in query parameters.
- Revert IEDriverServer from 3.141.59 to 3.6.0.
- [Console mode] The
katalonlauncher is replaced by
kataloncand there is a separate app named Katalon Studio Runtime Engine for executing Katalon Studio in console mode. Click here to download.
- Convert qTest and Kobiton built-in integrations into plugins.
- Display errors of test scripts in the Problems view.
- Support ChromeDriver version 77 and IEDriverServer version 3.141.59.
- Show a full stack trace of an exception thrown by custom classes in Test Hooks.
- Support manually uploading test suite collections' results to Katalon TestOps.
- [Web Service] Support passing proxy details through the script. Learn more.
- Update documents of Katalon Studio API Specification to version 7.0.0.
- Upgrade Apache POI to version 3.17.
- Dynamic Querying Test Suite is renamed Dynamic Test Suite.
- Add plugins reloading options to the Project Settings.
- Support parsing the Request Message's template from the associated
XSDfile when importing test objects from WSDL.
- Support adding the Organisation ID parameter to the Command Generator.
- Support selecting a Katalon TestOps's organization on the activation.
- Enhancement: Add some JVM options to reduce Katalon Studio's memory consumption.
- Support a hotkey of Spy Utility in Web Recorder to capture objects. Learn more.
- Update Quick Start in Katalon Studio after activation.
- Support adding
build.gradlefiles when creating a project.
- Support uploading reports with pdf, HTML, CSV formats (generated by Basic Report plugin) to Katalon TestOps. Learn more.
- Support submitting test run results with captured videos to Katalon TestOps. Learn more.
- Support uploading the
*.rpfile to Katalon TestOps to parse more information on test results.
- Support creating a test plan right from the test suite collection screen in Katalon Studio to enhance the integration of Katalon Studio with Katalon TestOps. Learn more.
- Support uploading Project Code from Katalon Studio to Katalon TestOps. Learn more.
- Update the integration mechanism with Katalon TestOps. Learn more.
- Update the integration configurations with Katalon TestOps when a new project is created.
- Support auto-filling the input of Katalon API Key in the command-line generator.
- Support generating test results in JUnit format.
- Support uploading reports of test suite collections to Katalon TestOps.
- Remove unnecessary information in the console log when users execute in the console mode for the first time.
- Support passing more information to the console mode execution with
--info -buildLabel="text" -buildURL="text". See General Options in Console Mode Execution.
- Upgrade the activation mechanism in Katalon Studio to seamlessly integrate with Katalon TestOps. See Activate Katalon Studio.
- Merge the Plugins menu into the Tools menu.
- Support MySQL Database version 8.0.17.
- Support automatically reloading plugins when opening a project.
- Bug: [DDT] Cannot get values from data files with database type in a test case.
- Bug: Cannot log in to Katalon Studio with passwords containing special characters.
- Bug: [Web Service] SOAP response has an empty header.
- Bug: Cannot reload plugins with credentials containing special characters.
- Bug: The Results tab of Test Suites/Test Suite Collection fails to automatically refresh after the first execution.
- Bug: Show references of test objects fails to display the objects' references in global variables and test case variables.
- Bug: Cannot send SOAP requests when WSDL files contain the relative
- Bug: [WebUI Keyword] The
WebUI.clickImagekeyword fails to perform.
- Bug: [Web Service]
getCurrentRequest()always gets default values instead of a variable's values passed from test case.
- Bug: Incorrectly return code when Follow redirects is disabled in Web Service Request. More details.
- Bug: Cannot save modifications in the configuration tab of the Web Service Request.
- Bug: Cannot detect mobile test objects having parameterized global variables in their properties.
- Bug: [Console Mode] To retry executing failed test cases in Test Suite Collection fails to return the correct exit code.
- Bug: [Data Binding] An issue causes binding Variables to Test Data to fail.
- Bug: [WebService] Verification Editor doesn't keep Unicode characters.
- Bug: [Mobile Testing] Cannot retry executing failed test cases.
- Bug: Web service response displays garbled text as non-Latin characters.
- Bug: [Basic Report Plugin] CSV Report status is always Incomplete.
- Bug: The Log Viewer’s cursor incorrectly renders when selecting a log message.
- Bug: Newly added variables disappear after a switch from the Variable tab to another tab.
- Bug: An issue related to Variable binding when the data contains special characters.
- Bug: The Delay keyword doesn't work when the passing data is BigDecimal.
- Bug: Har files disappear after having been opened for the first time with the current Web Service object.
- Bug: [Custom Keyword] an issue related to the default package name when users create a keyword without entering a package name.
- Bug: [Katalon TestOps] Cannot navigate to the URL configured by users in View Execution History.
- Bug: [Katalon TestOps] an issue related to the error message when users create a new project for the invited team without permission.
- Bug: [GlobalVariable] Cannot execute a script with a profile that has a Global Variable with invalid syntax.
- Bug: [WebUI Keywords] The
verifyElementNotPresent()keywords should return
falseinstead of throwing an exception when the verified elements do not exist.
- Bug: The
Delay between actionsfails to perform as configured.
- Bug: An issue causes
findWebElementsfails when the
Default wait for element timeoutis set to 0 in the Execution Settings.
- Bug: [Web Recorder] An issue related to the
Cannot save entity: file path length limit exceeded.error when saving test objects.
- Bug: Custom Keywords are not displayed in the Recent keywords after being used.
- Bug: An issue related to renaming a folder with uppercase or lowercase characters. More details.