Version 7.0.0- 7.0.10
Katalon Studio 7.0 is currently available. Click here to download.
- Support Close and Clean up item in Project menu for closing the project and removing the following items:
- Support manually uploading Test Suite Collections' results to Katalon TestOps.
- Support connecting to Git with SSH. Learn more
- Allow configuring the usage tracked by Katalon Studio. Learn more.
- Support data-driven testing with additional database sources. Learn more.
- Support attaching Katalon Studio's source code for debugging. Learn more.
- Support customizing Test Explorer. Learn more.
- Support Test Objects refactoring. Learn more.
- Support Custom Keywords refactoring. Learn more.
- Support private plugins. Learn more.
- Support Windows 10 desktop application testing. See Windows Desktop Apps Test Design.
- Support sharing test artifacts across projects. Learn more.
- Support Smart Wait function in a script and a project. See [WebUI] Smart Wait Function.
- Support the WinAppDriver installation and
Terminate running WebDriversoptions in Katalon Studio Tools.
- Support WebDriver event listeners. Learn more.
- Support customizing the Console log. Learn more.
- Support Cucumber keywords executing one or multiple feature files with tags. Learn more about runFeatureFileWithTags and runFeatureFolderWithTags.
Changes and Improvements
- [Web Service] Encode special characters in query parameters.
- Revert IEDriverServer from 3.141.59 to 3.6.0.
- [Console mode] The
katalonlauncher is replaced by
kataloncand there is a separate app named Katalon Studio Runtime Engine for executing Katalon Studio in console mode. Click here to download.
- Convert qTest and Kobiton built-in integrations into plugins.
- Display errors of test scripts in the Problems view.
- Support ChromeDriver version 77 and IEDriverServer version 3.141.59.
- Show a full stack trace of an exception thrown by custom classes in Test Hooks.
- Support manually uploading test suite collections' results to Katalon TestOps.
- [Web Service] Support passing proxy details through the script. Learn more.
- Update documents of Katalon Studio API Specification to version 7.0.0.
- Upgrade Apache POI to version 3.17.
- Dynamic Querying Test Suite is renamed Dynamic Test Suite.
- Add plugins reloading options to the Project Settings.
- Support parsing the Request Message's template from the associated
XSDfile when importing test objects from WSDL.
- Support adding the Organisation ID parameter to the Command Generator.
- Support selecting a Katalon TestOps's organization on the activation.
- Enhancement: Add some JVM options to reduce Katalon Studio's memory consumption.
- Support a hotkey of Spy Utility in Web Recorder to capture objects. Learn more.
- Update Quick Start in Katalon Studio after activation.
- Support adding
build.gradlefiles when creating a project.
- Support uploading reports with pdf, HTML, CSV formats (generated by Basic Report plugin) to Katalon TestOps. Learn more.
- Support submitting test run results with captured videos to Katalon TestOps. Learn more.
- Support uploading the
*.rpfile to Katalon TestOps to parse more information on test results.
- Support creating a test plan right from the test suite collection screen in Katalon Studio to enhance the integration of Katalon Studio with Katalon TestOps. Learn more.
- Support uploading Project Code from Katalon Studio to Katalon TestOps. Learn more.
- Update the integration mechanism with Katalon TestOps. Learn more.
- Update the integration configurations with Katalon TestOps when a new project is created.
- Support auto-filling the input of Katalon API Key in the command-line generator.
- Support generating test results in JUnit format.
- Support uploading reports of test suite collections to Katalon TestOps.
- Remove unnecessary information in the console log when users execute in the console mode for the first time.
- Support passing more information to the console mode execution with
--info -buildLabel="text" -buildURL="text". See General Options in Console Mode Execution.
- Upgrade the activation mechanism in Katalon Studio to seamlessly integrate with Katalon TestOps. See Activate Katalon Studio.
- Merge the Plugins menu into the Tools menu.
- Support MySQL Database version 8.0.17.
- Support automatically reloading plugins when opening a project.
- Bug: [DDT] Cannot get values from data files with database type in a test case.
- Bug: Cannot log in to Katalon Studio with passwords containing special characters.
- Bug: [Web Service] SOAP response has an empty header.
- Bug: Cannot reload plugins with credentials containing special characters.
- Bug: The Results tab of Test Suites/Test Suite Collection fails to automatically refresh after the first execution.
- Bug: Show references of test objects fails to display the objects' references in global variables and test case variables.
- Bug: Cannot send SOAP requests when WSDL files contain the relative
- Bug: [WebUI Keyword] The
WebUI.clickImagekeyword fails to perform.
- Bug: [Web Service]
getCurrentRequest()always gets default values instead of a variable's values passed from test case.
- Bug: Incorrectly return code when Follow redirects is disabled in Web Service Request. More details.
- Bug: Cannot save modifications in the configuration tab of the Web Service Request.
- Bug: Cannot detect mobile test objects having parameterized global variables in their properties.
- Bug: [Console Mode] To retry executing failed test cases in Test Suite Collection fails to return the correct exit code.
- Bug: [Data Binding] An issue causes binding Variables to Test Data to fail.
- Bug: [WebService] Verification Editor doesn't keep Unicode characters.
- Bug: [Mobile Testing] Cannot retry executing failed test cases.
- Bug: Web service response displays garbled text as non-Latin characters.
- Bug: [Basic Report Plugin] CSV Report status is always Incomplete.
- Bug: The Log Viewer’s cursor incorrectly renders when selecting a log message.
- Bug: Newly added variables disappear after a switch from the Variable tab to another tab.
- Bug: An issue related to Variable binding when the data contains special characters.
- Bug: The Delay keyword doesn't work when the passing data is BigDecimal.
- Bug: Har files disappear after having been opened for the first time with the current Web Service object.
- Bug: [Custom Keyword] an issue related to the default package name when users create a keyword without entering a package name.
- Bug: [Katalon TestOps] Cannot navigate to the URL configured by users in View Execution History.
- Bug: [Katalon TestOps] an issue related to the error message when users create a new project for the invited team without permission.
- Bug: [GlobalVariable] Cannot execute a script with a profile that has a Global Variable with invalid syntax.
- Bug: [WebUI Keywords] The
verifyElementNotPresent()keywords should return
falseinstead of throwing an exception when the verified elements do not exist.
- Bug: The
Delay between actionsfails to perform as configured.
- Bug: An issue causes
findWebElementsfails when the
Default wait for element timeoutis set to 0 in the Execution Settings.
- Bug: [Web Recorder] An issue related to the
Cannot save entity: file path length limit exceeded.error when saving test objects.
- Bug: Custom Keywords are not displayed in the Recent keywords after being used.
- Bug: An issue related to renaming a folder with uppercase or lowercase characters. More details.