Release Notes - 8.x
Official Release - Version 8.1.0
- [Katalon Runtime Engine] Introduced an ability to terminate execution based on the maximum number of test failures allowed. See Terminate Execution Conditionally
- [Mobile testing] Introduced
waitForElementNotPresent. See [Mobile] Wait For Element Not Present
- [Katalon Studio Enterprise] Improved the Retry Failed Executions Immediately feature and Introduced the consolidated execution reports to address test flakiness. See Retry Failed Execution Immediately.
- [Azure DevOps Integration] Introduced an option to submit Release Information together with Test Run to Azure DevOps. See Integration with Azure DevOps Test Plans
- [Kobiton Integration] Introduced custom remote server and device name functionality. See Mobile Testing with Kobiton Devices
- Added Chrome 92 compatibility.
- Added Microsoft Edge (Chromium) 92 compatibility.
- [Plugin] Introduced new APIs for the Plugin platform. See new APIs list
- Performance: Reduced time to open a Test Case with many variables.
- [Katalon Runtime Engine] Passed a path to the Android SDK root folder by using ANDROID_HOME environment variable. See Specify a path to Android SDK root folder
- Fixed UI issues:
- [Azure DevOps] Expanding Submission Options broke the UI.
- [TestOps] Creating new files with TestOps broke the UI.
- Expanding Execution Information broke the UI.
- [macOS Big Sur] Could not switch to Object Properties View.
- [macOS Big Sur] Text of selected items on table and tree were hidden.
- [macOS Big Sur] Could not update Log Viewer when the execution items were changed on the Job Progress.
- [Mobile Object Spy] Fixed typo error "Application ID".
- [Mobile] An issue of displaying device ID instead of device name in the Progress bar.
- [Mobile] An incorrect UI thrown when opening Object from the script.
- [API Testing] An issue of displaying incorrect redirect link to "Customize API method".
- Could not display test steps after recording.
- Clarified warning message for when broken Test Object could not be moved.
- Options in "Retry after executing all" were disabled when generating command.
- Fixed labels and added referral link in the Library Management.
- Fixed Report issues:
- An incorrect test status thrown when finish executing in the BDD Report.
- An issue of displaying incorrect in-line color and icon for failed test steps in the Report and Report Viewer when using assertion.
- Skipped Test Cases were marked as Passed in HTML report.
- [Cucumber] Executed steps were not displaying correctly in the Console log.
- Duplicated information in the Event log.
- An incorrect response thrown when users cancel the Export Report.
- Could not configure Report in Project Setting without internet connection.
- Bug: [Slack Integration] Failed to connect to Slack.
- Bug: [TestRail Integration] Solved issues with Project Settings.
- Bug: [Katalon Studio Enterprise] Could not select Run and Debug from here in specific cases.
- Bug: [Katalon Runtime Engine] Failed to replace excluded built-in libraries with external libraries.
- Bug: [API Testing] An incorrect response thrown when leaving the parameter blank in the request URL path.
- Bug: [API Testing] Could not change object status after updating query parameters in Web Service object.
waitForImagePresentreturned False despite the image appearing correctly.
verifyElementPropertyValuereturned an incorrect error message.
- Bug: An error message thrown when continuing to record scripts with an existing test case returned error messages incorrectly.
- Bug: An issue of deleting script when using customized keywords with incorrect values.
- Bug: Could not link an existing Window Object to Window built-in keyword.
- Bug: Could not activate Katalon Studio by providing email with extra spacing.
- Bug: Browser-based recorder could not record videos for the second test case if reusing an open browser.
- Bug: Explorer Configuration in Project Settings was not working as intended.
- Introduced an option to Record Web with a packed extension, now available on the Chrome Web Store. See Record Web Utility using Chrome with Profile.
- Enhanced Time Capsule by leveraging a built-in ChromeDevTools function to create a MHTML snapshot. Credited to Kazurayam for suggesting Saving Web Page as MHTML in Katalon Studio.
- [Web UI] Introduced new parameters for
WebUI.takeScreenshotkeyword to print text on captured screenshots. See Take screenshots with WebUI keywords.
- Fixed Katalon Docker Image not sending reports to Katalon TestOps.
- Fixed issues with Custom Keywords where:
- Back and Forth navigation in the Editor was not working.
- Hyperlink was not working.
- Javadoc was not working.
- The Declaration of the keyword could not be opened.
- [Cucumber] Custom Keywords in Step definitions were not working.
- Bug: Resolved activation issue of Enterprise-exclusive plugins.
- Bug: Resolved Test Suite stopped executing after some test cases.
- Fixed reports parsing issues:
- [Katalon Runtime Engine] Could not generate and submit JUnit report to Katalon TestOps.
- Could not generate reports due to
Nullcharacter in log files.
- [Katalon Runtime Engine] Katalon Studio Image could not send report to Katalon TestOps.
- Fixed Katalon Runtime Engine hanging issues when:
- Running tests with Selenium Grid.
- [Test Suite Collection] The number of Java threads kept increasing during execution.
Version 8.0.0 - 8.0.1
- [Katalon Studio Enterprise] Supported native integration with Azure DevOps Test Plans. Learn more
- [Katalon Studio Enterprise] Imported/Exported desired capabilities. Learn more
- [Katalon Runtime Engine License] Added a parameter to release the previous execution session before checking the license. Learn more
- Provided Product Tours for new Web UI and Web Service users.
- Supported Chrome 90.
- Supported Microsoft Edge (Chromium) 90.
- Updated the embedded GeckoDriver to 0.29 (Firefox 88).
- Improved Performance: Load large projects faster and consume less memory during execution.
- Edge Chromium was now the default embedded browser (used to be Internet Explorer).
- [Windows OS] Replaced embedded Oracle JRE 8 with Azul Zulu OpenJDK 8.
- Enhanced Katalon TestOps Integration:
- [Katalon Runtime Engine] Passed HashMap for Global Variables from CLI.
- [Katalon Runtime Engine] Added an option to Command Builder for updating WebDriver automatically.
- [Enhanced Report] Added profile details to the email reports.
- Katalon accounts registered with personal email are eligible for Katalon Studio Enterprise and Katalon Runtime Engine trial licenses for 30 days.
- MySQL became an external library. To keep it in use, follow this guide to configure MySQL database connection.
- Bug: Fixed all blocker & critical security vulnerabilities reported by SonarQube in static code analysis and 3rd-party libraries scanning tools.
- Bug: [Katalon Runtime Engine] Lacking of tracking event for activation.
- Bug: [Windows] Missing Network connection Preference.
- Bug: [Chrome 86] Recorder utility was not working.
- Bug: Could not import Swagger JSON files.
- Bug: The Bypass Certificate validation option was not working.
- Bug: [Katalon Runtime Engine] An issue of not sending emails via command syntax
- Bug: An issue of deleting scripts when renaming the folder name.
- Bug: Could not drag and drop a custom keyword from Keyword Browser.
- Bug: Could not update References of Called Test Cases when the test cases are moved by drag and drop or cut and paste.
- Bug: [Mobile testing] Could not capture object(s) while testing.